With a butter pecan cookie crust and a super creamy filling, these Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bars are my new favorite treat.
Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bars – Keto, Low Carb, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
I do love cheesecake so. I’m not a big fan of chocolate cheesecakes but almost any fruit flavor, nut base, or spice like cinnamon I love. And pecans are my favorite nut by far so I knew this would be a winning combination.
The crust is based on my Butter Pecan Cookies and is delicious on its own. Topped with creamy cheesecake makes it even better!
How to make Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bars
These are really easy to make. The dough comes together in minutes in the food processor and then you can make the filling in the same bowl without even washing it.
Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bar Crust Ingredients:
Almond Flour – I’ve really come to prefer almond flour in baked goods. It gives a tender crumb in cakes, cookies, and biscuits.
Coconut Flour – Just a little bit of coconut flour goes a long way. Coconut flour helps to balance the oiliness of almond flour since it is naturally drier and absorbs more liquid than other alternative flours.
Sugar-Free Sweetener – I like to use a blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. You can purchase this pre-mixed from the Trim Healthy Mama website or mix your own according to my recipe. By using a combination of sugar alcohols and stevia you can use half the amount required of regular sugar. Since these sweeteners can be more expensive this helps with my food budget.
Gelatin – this crust does not have eggs so the gelatin acts as a binder and helps to hold it together.
Vanilla – With the price of vanilla being astronomical I decided to try a Mexican vanilla extract and have been happy with the results. It is much much cheaper than other vanilla extracts.
Butter Pecan Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
Butter Pecan Cheesecake Topping Ingredients:
chopped toasted pecans or candied pecans
Tip: The pecans may get soggy if they are on the cheesecake for a prolonged time. That is why I recommend adding them right before serving.
Want more cheesecake? I know I always do!
- 16 oz 2% fat cottage cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener blend
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans or candied pecans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the butter, almond flour, coconut flour, 1/3 cup of the sweetener, gelatin, and vanilla in a food processor. Pulse until wet crumbs form. Add the pecans. Pulse until they are chopped. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese and the cream cheese in the food processor (you don’t need to wash the bowl). Pulse the cheeses until smooth. Add the sweetener and extracts. Mix until combined. Add the eggs. Blend until smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides. Pour the filling on top of the crust. Bake for 45 minutes until golden around the edges and only slightly jiggly in the center.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden around the edges and only slightly jiggly in the center. Top with toasted or candied pecans and cinnamon before serving.
The nutrition facts are for one cheesecake bar. There are 24 bars per recipe.