Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars are my new favorite breakfast, afternoon snack, & dessert. They are rich & creamy with sweet cinnamon & cream cheese icing. I promise these will be the best keto cheesecake bars you've ever tasted!
This recipe was a happy accident. I really wanted to make cinnamon bun cookies. I even made the cream cheese drizzle before the dough. That's how much I wanted something cinnamon bun-y. But the dough kept sticking to the parchment paper as I tried to roll them. And when it stuck it crumbled.
So, I was left with little bits of cinnamon sugar cookie dough. I put them in a baking dish and stuck it in the oven thinking I'd make bars. But then I remembered I had ricotta cheese to use. What better way to use it than in cheesecake?
Sometimes those accidental recipes are the best ones. My husband and our dinner company loved these Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake Bars.
Since that original batch, I've tweaked this recipe to perfection! It is simpler, easier, and tastier than any other keto cheesecake bars I've tried!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars
I make my keto cheesecake bars in the food processor to keep it simple! Once I make the crust I just press it into the pan and then I mix the filling in the food processor without even washing it.
How to Make the Crust for Keto Cheesecake Bars
To make the crust for the cinnamon cheesecake bars simply process the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla until the dough comes together in a ball. This can take 1-2 minutes. At first, it will look dry and crumbly but it does come together as you can see in the photos.
Then sprinkle the dough with a little cinnamon.
Can I Make These Nut Free?
Yes, just sub in sunflower seed flour for the almond flour.
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bar Filling
Next, to make the filling process the softened cream cheese, cottage cheese or ricotta cheese (your choice!), eggs, heavy cream, and sweetener until smooth.
Cottage Cheese in Cheesecake?
Yes! And you cannot taste it one bit. I promise. Cottage cheese is one of my go-to healthy cheesecake ingredients because it adds protein without sacrificing the taste or texture. And if you use full-fat cottage cheese it is low carb.
Sweet Cinnamon Swirl
To make the cinnamon swirl stir together the two tablespoons of sweetener with the cinnamon. Drop little spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake batter. Use a knife or toothpick to swirl them together.
You need the sweetener to have enough to make a nice swirl. Just using cinnamon can work but then you wouldn't have enough to get the pretty effect on the top. If you prefer to just use cinnamon you can sprinkle it on.
Cream Cheese Icing
Finally, for the icing just mix together softened cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered erythritol. I used a piping bag to drizzle it on top but that really isn't necessary. If you want you can just spread it on the bars gently or thin it with a little cream so it's more of drizzling consistency.
How to store Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars:
As with any cheesecake, you must store this in the refrigerator. It can last for 1-2 weeks in the fridge or you can freeze it for 2-3 months. I even love eating it right from the freezer. It is a cool and refreshing treat!
More Keto Cheesecake Bars:
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the dough ingredients in a food processor and process until it comes together into a ball. This can take 1-2 minutes. Press into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine the filling ingredients in the food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over the crust.
- Mix together the sweetener and cinnamon for the cinnamon swirl topping. Drop tiny spoonfuls onto the cheesecake filling. Swirl with a knife or toothpick.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake only jiggles slightly. Cool completely.
- Stir together the icing ingredients and drizzle or spread on the cooled cheesecake. If you want to drizzle it you can add a teaspoon of almond milk or cream to thin it out a little bit.
Originally Published November 7, 2016. Revised and Republished April 2, 2020.