Light, creamy and packed full of richness, is what you will find in this healthy cheesecake recipe. I wanted to make a healthy cheesecake that was protein-packed but also creamy, sweet and offered the same flavors of regular cheesecake. A bite-size cheesecake that you can top with fresh berries, sugar-free candies, and more. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Cottage cheese has always been one of my favorite ingredients to sneak into recipes for more protein. It has much higher protein content than most other dairy products, and with a mild flavor, it is ideal for a large assortment of recipes. One way I use cottage cheese is in my healthy cheesecake recipe!
Mini Healthy Cheesecake
My Mini Keto Cheesecake gave me the energy to be successful at my main job today. That is being a wife and mom of 5. My fuel needed to get me through the laundry, dirty dishes, cooking, cleaning, picking up kids from school, more cooking and cleaning, bath time, and the millions of other little things I do every day as a stay at home mom.
I don’t know about you but I need a good source of protein to get me going in the mornings. I’ve found that with this awesome Almond Crusted Breakfast Cheesecake recipe.
How To Make Almond Crust For Cheesecake Recipe
Creating a cheesecake crust that offers the low carb version is easy to do. I simply swapped out the ingredients for healthier options. I reached for almonds that I pulsed in the food processor to grind up fine, to mimic a graham cracker base. Then I added in my sweetener, butter and worked it until it formed a dough ball.
Then grease your muffin pan and place the crust in the bottom of each pan hole, and do this for 24 cheesecakes. Toss in the oven and bake for 8 minutes each.
How Do You Make Cheesecake With Cottage Cheese
I get asked how do you make a cheesecake with cottage cheese and still get that creamy texture. The key is to put the cottage cheese and the cream cheese in a food processor and get it a sweet and creamy consistency. It will break up the clumps in the cottage cheese and offer you a thick and creamy texture.
It bakes up nice and will be a smooth and velvety texture when you go to bite into it.
How Many Mini Cheesecakes Do You Eat
I eat two for breakfast or one as a snack. It is totally up to you; that is just how I enjoy eating them. They are a super quick grab and go snack as I head outside to manage the kids in the backyard.
Does Cheesecake Need A Water Bath
Because you are making a mini cheesecake using a muffin tin, you do not need a water bath to regulate the temperature of your cheesecake. Mini cheesecakes are so much easier and less fuss to make than a full-size cheesecake!
Will This Recipe Freeze
This makes 24 individual mini keto cheesecake. They freeze well! I wrapped them in plastic wrap and froze them individually. To serve thaw in the fridge overnight and then top with some berries.
How Long Will Cheesecake Last In The Fridge
You can expect these mini cheesecakes to last around 4-5 days in the fridge. You can freeze them; I share how to quickly freeze them for a quick grab and go snack or dessert. Use your best judgment on how long to store your cheesecake.
Toppings For Healthy Cheesecake
- Eat it plain
- Top it with fresh or frozen berries
- Make a fresh sugar-free strawberry jam
- Drizzle on melted sugar-free chocolate or ganache
- Sugar-free caramel, hot fudge or ice cream sauce of choice
- Zest from lemon, lime or orange
Feel free to dress this cheesecake however you prefer. I know for us it varies depending on the time I go to eat it. A lot of times I eat it plain or top with fruit for added sweetness.
You can eat this cheesecake recipe any time of the day whether you want it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or a mid-day snack. This protein-packed healthy cheesecake is genuinely fantastic. You have the nutty flavor from the crust, creamy and tangy flavors from the cheesecake portion, and it works well together.
Here are even more cheesecake recipes
What topping would you use on these mini healthy cheesecakes?
Topping when serving:
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries per cheesecake thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a large food processor pulse the almonds, 2 tbsp sweetener, and 4 tbsp butter until a coarse dough forms. Grease two twelve hole standard silicone muffin pans or line metal tins with paper or foil cupcake liners. I used a silicone muffin pan for this and the cheesecakes popped out really easily. Divide the dough between the 24 holes and press into the bottom to form a crust. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the Friendship Dairies 4% cottage cheese and the cream cheese in the food processor (you don’t need to wash the bowl). Pulse the cheeses until smooth. Add the sweetener and extracts. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs. Blend until smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides. Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the centers no longer jiggly when the pan is lightly shaken. Cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before trying to remove them if you didn’t use paper or foil liners. Serve with thawed frozen berries.
Originally Published June 6, 2016. Revised and Republished June 25, 2019.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!