This Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake is so rich and decadent you only need a small piece to be satisfied. It is perfect for special occasions and holidays. This delicious White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is also low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I have to admit that this started as an attempt at peanut butter fudge that failed. I added too much cream and was left with a delicious peanut butter sauce that I needed to use for something. I guessed that I could whip it into cream cheese for a no-bake cheesecake. I guessed right. This may be the best dessert I’ve ever made.
I wasn’t kidding when I said this was decadent. Take a deep breath before you look at the ingredients. It’s full of butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. That’s why a little goes a long way. For my keto friends, this is the perfect dessert. For my Trim Healthy Mama friends, this is a heavy S and should be enjoyed on special occasions.
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
The crust for this mixes up in minutes in your food processor. The cheesecake is a little more work because you need to melt the raw cacao butter but it’s nothing you can’t handle, promise! It just takes some patience for the chilling time. And then the white chocolate drizzle is quick and easy!
No-Bake Cheesecake Crust
The crust I use for this recipe is inspired by my friend Sarah’s No-Bake Crust over at Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen. I change it up with peanut butter powder to make a peanut butter crust for the perfect keto peanut butter cheesecake!
Tips For Making The Best Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
This keto peanut butter cheesecake is actually super simple to make, but there are a few things I wanted to talk about. There is nothing complicated about making this cheesecake at all; you just need time and some ingredients.
- Don’t rush it. I know that it can be hard to wait so long for the cheesecake to be done, but I can promise you it’s worth every second. The longer it chills in the fridge, the better it’s going to set up. If you take it out too early, it’s not going to turn out that well.
- A springform pan is a must. The reason why this cheesecake looks so gorgeous is thanks to my springform pan. It’s worth buying one if you don’t already have one. They give you so much more flexibility when it comes to making cheesecakes.
- Keep the peanut butter cheesecake cold when you aren’t serving. You should let the cheesecake sit out for long periods of time unless you keep it on ice. Really you shouldn’t let any cheesecakes sit out for longer than two hours at a time. Keep it cool, and it will last a lot longer.
- When working with cream cheese, it is easier if you sit it out at room temperature for a while first. If you use cold cream cheese, it will become lumpy and not that smooth and creamy texture that you are looking for, when it’s possible to let it sit out for an hour or two.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Variations
Having variations is always a fun way to add some extra character to your recipes. I love this keto peanut butter cheesecake so much the way it is; I rarely use any variations, but once in a while! I wanted to share some of my other yummy ideas.
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips – White or semi-sweet would both be fabulous. This peanut butter cheesecake is super-rich, but if you want some extra color and to make it even more indulgent, go for it! Toss in the chocolate chips into the cheesecake batter or sprinkle them on top.
- Peanuts – Sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top of the cheesecake. It’s crunchy and adds even more peanut butter flavor to the keto cheesecake.
- Hot Fudge Sauce – Drizzle some keto hot fudge sauce on top of the keto peanut butter cheesecake. It will be the most decadent dessert ever! Plus, you can put hot fudge sauce on just about anything.
Can You Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ahead?
Yes, and you will love how easy it is to store and keep this cheesecake. Just keep it in the refrigerator, and it will last up to a week. This is wonderful if you need to make it in advance and have it ready for the weekend or a special occasion. Peanut Butter Cheesecake should really be made over a couple of days anyway, so it’s a dessert that is perfect for making ahead of time.
Is It Okay To Freeze Cheesecake?
Yes, you can actually freeze this keto cheesecake. Many people don’t realize that you can freeze cheesecakes, but it’s a wonderful way to store them. They taste great when they are still slightly frozen too. Wrap up the keto peanut butter cheesecake tightly and keep it in the freezer to have later. Then you can grab a piece or take the entire cheesecake out when you are ready to serve. Let it thaw on the counter for a few minutes or in the fridge. Then dig in!
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- In a medium saucepan cook the butter, heavy cream, and sweetener over medium heat until bubbly and slightly thickened. Add the cacao butter and peanut butter powder and whisk until smooth. Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to thicken further. It should be the consistency of pancake batter before proceeding. You can make this part a day or two ahead of time.
- Mix the gelatin into the cold water until dissolved. Whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the gelatin and mix well. Add the chilled peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Mix together the ingredients for the crust. Press into the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust. Chill for at least 8 hours.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled you can unmold it and drizzle it with the white chocolate drizzle. To prepare the drizzle melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the sweetener. It will clump up. Thin it with the heavy cream 1 teaspoon at a time until it is the consistency of melted chocolate. Drizzle over the cheesecake.
If you love this white chocolate keto peanut butter cheesecake, I can’t wait for you to try my other keto cheesecakes. Have a peek at these:
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Cannoli Cheesecake
Originally Published December 4, 2016. Revised and Republished May 26, 2020.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!