Keto Crepes are an easy and delicious breakfast, brunch, or dessert. You can top them with everything from chocolate and nuts to strawberries and ice cream. With a few simple ingredients, you can easily make healthy crepes gluten-free.
Keto Crepes Gluten-Free Low Carb Sugar-Free Grain-Free THM S
I love crepes. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Quebec City and ate every variety of crepe you can imagine. Quebec City was the closest we could get to Europe on our super small honeymoon fund but it was lovely. Cobblestone streets, delicious French cuisine, a charming B&B, and all the crepes you could ever imagine.
Our 16th anniversary is tomorrow and these crepes will be the perfect dessert. I’ve been wanting to recreate that special treat for a long time. These keto crepes are just as special.
What is a crepe?
A crepe is a thin pancake. Crepes normally have sweet or savory fillings or toppings since on their own they are a bit plain.
How to make keto crepes gluten-free
It is easy to make your keto crepes gluten-free by using almond flour instead of white wheat flour. The rest of the ingredients are pretty much the same as a traditional crepe.
Ingredients in keto crepes
Almond Flour – I’ve really come to prefer almond flour in breakfast recipes and baked goods. It gives a tender crumb in pancakes, cookies, and waffles.
Vanilla – With the price of vanilla constantly rising I decided to try a Mexican vanilla extract and have been happy with the results. It is much more budget-friendly than other vanilla extracts.
Sugar-Free Sweetener – I like to use a blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. You can purchase this pre-mixed from the Trim Healthy Mama website or mix your own according to my recipe. By using a combination of sugar alcohols and stevia you can use half the amount required of regular sugar. Since these sweeteners can be more expensive this helps with my food budget.
Unsweetened Almond Milk – Plain or Vanilla work here – alternatively you can use coconut milk or another nut milk that comes in a carton
You can easily make this recipe a savory crepe recipe by omitting the sweetener and vanilla. One of our favorite fillings for savory crepes is scrambled eggs, ham, and cheddar cheese.
Other ideas for savory crepes:
- sauteed spinach and feta cheese
- tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella
- cooked crumbled sausage and onions
Sweet Topping ideas for Crepes
I’m sure you can come up with some of these on your own. Just incorporate your favorite dessert flavors into a crepe topping.
Our favorite dessert crepe toppings:
- strawberries and vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sauce and toasted nuts
- caramel and whipped cream
- butter, cinnamon, and a sprinkle of your favorite sweetener
- sugar-free pancake syrup and fresh blueberries
Other Brunch or Dessert Treats:
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth, the batter should be runny.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat, once heated spray with oil to avoid the batter to stick to the skillet and 1/4 cup of batter in the middle.
- Carefully grab the skillet by the handle and circle the batter around to spread the batter evenly and to get a thin layer.
- Cook for 2 min or until it starts to get golden and with a spatula turn over. Cook the other side for a minute and remove from the heat.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!