Who doesn’t love a huge triple chocolate cookie as big as your hand? How about one with extra protein so you can even eat it for breakfast? With dark chocolate, chocolate chips, and rich cocoa powder these Keto Chocolate Cookies live up to their name.
These are for true chocolate lovers. Myself included. These triple keto chocolate cookies are full of dark chocolate. They are a great snack, breakfast, or dessert. They work wonderfully for ice cream sandwiches.
My kids could not get over how big they are! And even with their size, they have only 5 net carbs per cookie.
Keto Chocolate Cookies for breakfast?
Yes, please! I have absolutely no guilt eating one of these Triple Chocolate Cookies first thing in the morning with my morning cup of joe. Why? Because I add Vital Proteins Collagen to them. Adding in collagen boosts the amount of protein in each cookie. Protein paired with the natural fiber they have from the chocolate and alternative fibers helps to fill my belly enough to justify cookies for breakfast!
Collagen = Protein Boost
Vital Proteins Collagen is kosher, gluten-free, dairy-free and suitable to use in both hot and cold beverages. And in BAKED GOODS. If you are going to eat that cookie, brownie, or cake anyway, why not add in a boost of nutrition with some collagen. You can add a couple of scoops without needing to vary the other ingredients in the recipe. Collagen is like magic.
And that is why I chose to add collagen to my chocolate cookies. Trust me on this one, it’s worth it!
For this Keto Chocolate Cookies Recipe, all I did was add a couple of scoops of collagen when I mixed in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
Expert Tip: I’ve also had readers sub in protein powder or even gelatin in place of the collagen.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Cookies
Stir the dough, press onto a cookie sheet, pop in the oven, and 12 minutes later you have huge, delicious, healthy Triple Chocolate Cookies.
And they are definitely kid-approved. The first time I made these my two-year-old kept grabbing my cookie. This last time my 9-year-old kept breaking off pieces as she walked through the kitchen. Before I knew it a whole cookie was gone.
I wonder who she learned that trick from?
Don’t those melty chocolate chunks look divine?
Can I make smaller cookies?
This makes six BIG chocolate cookies. If you’d prefer you can make a dozen regular-sized cookies. You will just need to adjust the baking time by a few minutes.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3.5 oz bar of 85% dark chocolate chopped, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips optional
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen 40 grams
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl combine the coconut oil and half of the chopped chocolate. Microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each, until it is completely melted.
- Whisk in the sweetener and the egg. Add the vanilla, cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until smooth. Stir in the collagen. Fold in the remaining chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into six pieces (I used a large cookie scoop) and put on the parchment lined baking sheet. Press the cookies down a bit with your hand.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
Originally published February 23, 2016. Revised and republished July 30, 2018.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!