These Almond Crunch Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies melt in your mouth like shortbread, have the crunch of almonds, and the richness of chocolate ganache. They are the perfect holiday bite.
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Hello, cookies! I (somewhat crazily) decided to try to post 12 new cookie recipes between now and Christmas. These Almond Crunch Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies are the first. If the rest are even half as good as these I’ll be happy.
I began baking at around 9 am the other morning and baked nonstop until noon. I skipped breakfast and taste tested along the way. That is one of the challenges of being a food blogger. There are just too many yummy things to taste. Cookies for breakfast happen a bit more than they should.
Don’t worry; I saved all those little pieces of almonds that fell off the cookies. I sprinkled them on top of chocolate ice cream this afternoon. I know you’re jealous.
You can just make these as almond crunch cookies without any filling. They are delicious just like that. Sprinkle them with a little powdered sweetener and serve with a cup of tea.
Almond Crunch Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies – Low Carb, Sugar & Grain Free, THM S
1 stick cold salted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tsp gelatin
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
3 tbsp heavy cream
If Jam Thumbprints are more your thing don’t worry. You can click on my recipe for the classic Jam Thumbprints.
And try my new take on this recipe: Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies
I hope these chocolate thumbprint cookies will find their way onto your next cookie tray!
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the 2/3 cup sliced almonds and 2 tsp sweetener in a food processor and pulse into chopped. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, combine all the dough ingredients in the food processor and pulse until a uniform dough forms. Divide into 24 balls and roll each in the almond topping. Put on a parchment lined baking sheet and press down making a little well with your thumbs. Sprinkle a little more almond topping on each.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until the chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate ganache between the thumbprint cookies. Sprinkle with a little more of the chopped almonds.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!