Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake in a handheld bar topped with crumbs. This is light and refreshing with hints of lemon and bursts of blueberries. The vibrant flavors in this keto blueberry cheesecake bars make them perfect for all sorts of gatherings. Potlucks, barbecues, baby showers, brunch, and the list goes on and on. You seriously can’t go wrong making these crumb bars for anything. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
We had a staff party last Thursday for the summer camp we volunteer at and I was asked to bring a dessert. I did have both Two-Bite Chocolate Chip Cheese Danishes and Buttery Walnut Toffee in my fridge but I didn't feel like sharing. I decided on cheesecake bars instead.
My husband isn't a big chocolate guy but he loves cheesecake. And I had the ingredients to make cheesecake but wanted something a bit lighter. I love cheesecake too but it can be heavy after a big meal and I knew our hosts were making a big spread.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Bar Variations
We love the combination of lemon and blueberry together, but if you want to try some other flavors, feel free! I wanted to take a second to give you some ideas for the next time you make these keto blueberry cheesecake crumb bars:
- Strawberries - Use frozen strawberries in place of the blueberries. It adds a beautiful strawberry flavor and some bold color.
- Raspberries - If you love berries, try some frozen raspberries in place of the blueberries. They are so delicious and look lovely too.
- Orange - If you want to try something fun, trade the lemon for oranges instead. You can use orange juice and orange zest to add a fantastic new and playful flavor. Perfect for spring events.
Tips For Making The Best Cheesecake Crumb Bars
These cheesecake bars are really easy to make and are pretty hard to mess up. I wanted to give you a few tips just to make sure you have the best results every time. Take a peek at these tips for best results:
- Use room temperature cream cheese. When you use cream cheese that is at room temperature, it is so much easier to work with. Using cold cream cheese keeps it from whipping and becoming a beautiful creamy texture that we love. Cold cream cheese has more of a cottage cheese style texture when mixed. If you don’t have time to let, the cream cheese sit at room temperature, toss it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Keep repeating the process until it’s warmed up some, but not hot.
- For best results, use a 9x13 inch pan. If you go with a smaller pan, it will be much thicker and will take a lot longer to bake. If you don’t have another pan, you can try it, but you will probably need to increase the baking time. Keep a close watch, so you don’t cook it too long.
- Do not overbake the low carb cheesecake bars. If you overbake the cheesecake bars, they will be dry and not as flavorful. So keep an eye on them and don’t bake them for too long.
- Don’t skip prebaking the crust. It’s important to have the best results to prebake that crust for 10 minutes prior to adding the cream cheese and blueberries. If you skip this step, you will find that it doesn’t cook up all the way. You would end up with a raw bottom and done top instead of cooked perfectly all the way through.
Do I Have To Use A Food Processor To Make Cheesecake Crumb Bars?
Yes, I used a food processor for these lemon blueberry cheesecake crumb bars. Using a food processor allows the ingredients to mix together properly and gives you the best results. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender instead. It may not work as well, but it’s going to be the closest option. You could also use a stand mixer as another option too. Use what you have and what works for you, but keep in mind that the texture may be slightly different depending on the kitchen gadget you use.
How Long Will Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars Last?
These cheesecake crumb bars will last up to 4-5 days if kept in the fridge. You need to let them cool all the way down before storing so condensation doesn’t build up. Then keep them in an airtight container. Serve cold or toss the crumb bar in the microwave for a few seconds if you want it to be warm.
More Flavorful Bar Recipes You Should Try:
Each of these bars is the perfect treat to indulge in. Try them and see for yourself:
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Samosa Cookie Bars
- Keto Chocolate Cake Bars With Cheesecake Swirl
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put crust ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until crumbs form. Dumb into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Press out into a thin bottom crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Next, put the crumb topping ingredients in the food processor. Pulse until crumbs form. Dump into a spare bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the cream cheese in the food processor (no need to wash the bowl). Process until smooth. Next, add the sweetener and eggs and pulse until well combined. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream and pulse until smooth.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Pour on the cream cheese filling. Sprinkle on the blueberries. Bake for 20 minutes. Scatter on the crumb topping.
- Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the center only jiggles slightly. You may need to cover the top with foil for the last ten minutes so the crumbs don't burn.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Originally Published August 23, 2016. Revised and Republished April 7, 2020.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!