Keto cannoli cheesecake is sinfully delicious with light, creamy filling. It's perfect for year-round entertaining and to have as an easy dessert. This cheesecake recipe has classic flavors of cinnamon and chocolate, and you only need 9 ingredients + 15 minutes of prep. This easy cheesecake recipe is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I can't get enough of anything cannoli flavored, like my Cannoli Ice Cream. There is just something about the flavors of cinnamon and chocolate that hits the spot. Plus, when you add those flavors together and turn them into a keto cannoli recipe, like this cheesecake, you have a scrumptious treat everyone will rave about.
Making this gluten free keto cannoli cheesecake is surprisingly easy to make, but you wouldn't believe it if you tasted it. It's elegant enough to serve to friends at a dinner party but down-home enough to have after a barbecue dinner. Give it a try, and you will see that it's super versatile and bound to be one of your favorite low carb recipes.
These ingredients are all pretty standard in keto recipes. If you've been living a low carb keto lifestyle for a while you may have the ingredients for this keto cannoli cheesecake already!
- Almond Flour
- Almond Butter
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Keto Cannoli Cheesecake
Step One: Prepare the crust and add it to the bottom of a spring-form pan. This easy no-bake crust is adapted from this recipe over at Mrs. Criddle's Kitchen.
Step Two: Mix together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla until it's smooth and creamy. Use an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl for best results.
Step Three: Add in the bloomed gelatin.
Step Four: Using a different bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer until you begin to see stiff peaks.
Step Five: Carefully add ⅓ of the whipped cream into the cheesecake batter. Then slowly add in the rest without overmixing.
Expert Tip: Craving cannoli dip? Stop right here and go ahead and eat the filling with a spoon or dip fresh strawberries or keto graham crackers into it!
Step Six: Add the chocolate chips, then pour all the cheesecake mixture into the crust then refrigerate the keto cannoli cheesecake.
Expert Tip: The texture of the cheesecake will be similar to mousse and should be soft. For a firmer cheesecake do not fold in the whipped cream. You can omit it or serve it on top of the cheesecake cannoli filling.
Optional Cannoli Cheesecake Ideas
You'll be delighted with the flavors in this low carb cannoli cheesecake the way it's written. But if you're feeling a little playful, try out some additional toppings! All of these ideas are a great way to change it up every once in a while.
- Chocolate Drizzle - Melt a little bit of sugar-free chocolate and drizzle it on top of the cannoli cheesecake. It will enhance the chocolate flavor, but also make it look even more gorgeous.
- Strawberries - Thinly slice some strawberries and place them around the outer edge of the cheesecake. It's so tasty, and you get some added nutrients from the berries.
- Pistachios - Crush some pistachios and sprinkle them on top to add a little bit of a crunch. Yum!
- Cinnamon - Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon across the top of the cannoli cheesecake. You'll love how lovely it looks and that it tastes even better.
- Cannoli Cookies - Use this filling to fill the middle of two keto cookies such as my Keto Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies to make decadent cannoli cookies.
Do I Have To Add Gelatin To Keto Cannoli Cheesecake?
Yes, adding the gelatin is very important for this low carb cheesecake. It will help it set up and be a thicker and traditional texture of regular cheesecake. Gelatin doesn't affect the flavor at all; it just makes it thicker.
Can I Make Cheesecake In Advance?
Yes, absolutely! If you want to make this cannoli cheesecake in advance, you're in luck. It's easy to make up as many as you want, then cover them with plastic wrap or tin foil, then refrigerate. It will last 4-5 days in the fridge. It's perfect if you're planning ahead for holidays, community events, or birthday parties.
How Can You Tell If Cheesecake Has Gone Bad?
It will be pretty evident if this easy keto cannoli cheesecake recipe has gone bad. First of all, smell the homemade cheesecake and make sure you don't notice anything out of the ordinary. It's it smells pungent or odd, then I would toss it. Next, look over the ricotta cheesecake and see if it seems like it should. There shouldn't be mold, and it shouldn't be watery or dried and cracked. If you see any of this, then it's started to spoil and shouldn't be eaten.
Can I Make Mini-Cannoli Cheesecakes?
Yes, absolutely, you can make this into mini keto cannoli cheesecakes. Use a muffin tin or ramekin and follow the directions as instructed. Then place the mini cheesecakes in the fridge to allow them to set up and enjoy!
How Do I Freeze Cheesecake?
You can either freeze the keto cannoli cheesecake intact or cut it into slices. Whichever you prefer is going to be great. If you opt to cut them into individual pieces, wrap each one with plastic wrap, then place them in a sealed container. Or you can cover the entire cheesecake then freeze it. Either way, it will last around 5 - 6 months in the freezer.
To serve the cake, allow it to set in the fridge until it's thawed then serve. You can eat it when it's slightly frozen, and it will seem more like an ice cream cake.
Looking for more amazing keto dessert recipes? Check out some of these:
- Chocolate Chip Cannoli Mug Cake
- Whipped Cannoli Mousse
- Keto Rhubarb Crumble Bars
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Keto No-Bake Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup salted butter melted
- ¼ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 3 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon gelatin
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Stir the ingredients for the crust until smooth. Make sure to thoroughly incorporate the almond butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bloom the gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin on top of 2 tablespoon cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons hot water and stir until it is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl you made the crust in, mix the ricotta, cream cheese, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in the bloomed gelatin
- In another bowl, with the electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold ⅓ of the whipped cream into the cheesecake batter. Gently fold in the rest. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour on top of the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours until it had firmed up a little more. It stays soft like a mousse.
Originally Published July 24, 2016. Revised and Republished November 11, 2019.