Cannoli cheesecake is sinfully delicious with light, creamy filling. It’s perfect for year-round entertaining and to have as an easy dessert. This cheesecake recipe has classic flavors of cinnamon and chocolate, and you only need 9 ingredients + 15 minutes of prep.
Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, THM S
I can’t get enough of anything Cannoli flavored, like my Cannoli Ice Cream. There is just something about the flavors of cinnamon and chocolate that hits the spot. Plus, when you add those flavors together and turn it into a cheesecake, you have a scrumptious treat everyone will rave about.
Making this cannoli cheesecake is surprisingly easy to make, but you wouldn’t believe it if you tasted it. It’s elegant enough to serve to friends at a dinner party but down-home enough to have after a barbecue dinner. Give it a try, and you will see that it’s super versatile and bound to be a hit whenever it’s served.
How To Make Cannoli Cheesecake
Step One: Prepare the crust and add it to the bottom of a spring-form pan. This easy no-bake crust is adapted from this recipe over at Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen.
Step Two: Mix together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla until it’s smooth and creamy. Use an electric mixer for best results.
Step Three: Add in the gelatin.
Step Four: Using a different bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer until you begin to see stiff peaks.
Step Five: Carefully add in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake batter. Then slowly add in the rest without overmixing.
Step Six: Add the chocolate chips, then pour all the cheesecake mixture into the crust then refrigerate.
The texture of the cheesecake will be similar to mousse and should be soft.
Optional Cannoli Cheesecake Ideas
You’ll be delighted with the flavors in this low carb cheesecake the way it’s written. But if you’re feeling a little playful, try out some additional toppings! All of these ideas are a great way to change it up every once in a while.
- Chocolate Drizzle – Melt a little bit of sugar-free chocolate and drizzle it on top of the cannoli cheesecake. It will enhance the chocolate flavor, but also make it look even more gorgeous.
- Strawberries – Thinly slice some strawberries and place them around the outer edge of the cheesecake. It’s so tasty, and you get some added nutrients from the berries.
- Pistachios – Crush some pistachios and sprinkle them on top to add a little bit of a crunch. Yum!
- Cinnamon – Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon across the top of the cannoli cheesecake. You’ll love how lovely it looks and that it tastes even better.
Do I Have To Add Gelatin To Low Carb Cheesecake?
Yes, adding the gelatin is very important for this low carb cheesecake. It will help it set up and be a thicker and traditional texture of regular cheesecake. Gelatin doesn’t affect the flavor at all; it just makes it thicker.
Can I Make Cheesecake In Advance?
Yes, absolutely! If you want to make this cannoli cheesecake in advance, you’re in luck. It’s easy to make up as many as you want, then cover them with plastic wrap or tin foil, then refrigerate. It will last 4-5 days in the fridge. It’s perfect if you’re planning ahead for holidays, community events, or birthday parties.
How Can You Tell If Cheesecake Has Gone Bad?
It will be pretty evident if this easy cheesecake recipe has gone bad. First of all, smell the homemade cheesecake and make sure you don’t notice anything out of the ordinary. It’s it smells pungent or odd, then I would toss it. Next, look over the ricotta cheesecake and see if it seems like it should. There shouldn’t be mold, and it shouldn’t be watery or dried and cracked. If you see any of this, then it’s started to spoil and shouldn’t be eaten.
Can I Make Mini-Cannoli Cheesecakes?
Yes, absolutely, you can make this into mini-cannoli cheesecakes. Use a muffin tin or ramekin and follow the directions as instructed. Then place the mini cheesecakes in the fridge to allow them to set up and devour!
How Do I Freeze Cheesecake?
You can either freeze the cheesecake intact or cut it into slices. Whichever you prefer is going to be great. If you opt to cut them into individual pieces, wrap each one with plastic wrap, then place them in a sealed container. Or you can cover the entire cheesecake then freeze it. Either way, it will last around 5 – 6 months in the freezer.
To serve the cake, allow it to set in the fridge until it’s thawed then serve. You can eat it when it’s slightly frozen, and it will seem more like an ice cream cake.
Looking for more drool-worthy keto dessert recipes? Check out some of these:
- Stir the ingredients for the crust until smooth. Make sure to thoroughly incorporate the almond butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bloom the gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin on top of 2 tbsp cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons hot water and stir until it is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl you made the crust in, mix the ricotta, cream cheese, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in the bloomed gelatin
- In another bowl, with the electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake batter. Gently fold in the rest. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour on top of the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours until it had firmed up a little more. It stays soft like a mousse.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
Originally Published July 24, 2016. Revised and Republished November 11, 2019.