Sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy this incredible Keto Mojito! It's tangy, minty, and utterly delicious for all occasions. This is a cocktail that will have your taste buds doing a happy dance. It just so happens to be gluten-free, grain-free, and low carb.
Trust me; if you like to enjoy a good cocktail on occasion, you aren't going to want to skip this one. So if you have had a long day or you are in the mood to have friends over for some drinks, be sure to include this low carb mojito on your menu.
With summer just around the corner, it's time to start planning those fun and delicious drinks even when on a keto diet! Evenings on the patio or by the pool got even better, and you don't have to worry about consuming a bunch of carbs either.
The reason why my low carb keto mojito recipe is so impressive is the muddled mint! If you don't know what muddling is, you are in for a treat. You basically place the mint in a bowl and mash it. This causes the oil to seep out and gives the drink an extra flavor that is seriously mind-blowing! Just tossing in the mint won't cut it, so please don't skip muddling it.
Don't worry, you can make this drink in minutes, and there isn't much you need. Let's take a look:
- Mint Leaves - There is no substitute for fresh mint leaves. You can easily grow them yourself or pick them up at your local grocery store or farmers' market.
- Keto Simple Syrup - My sugar free simple syrup is the perfect sweetness to take your drink to the next level. You can use it for all sorts of drinks, so give it a try.
- Lime Juice - If you really want to impress your friends, be sure to use fresh lime juice. It doesn't get much better than that.
- Seltzer - To give your mojito a little bit of bubbly texture, the seltzer is ideal. It's hard to resist the fizz! Club soda and sparkling water are the same thing. Just make sure not to choose one with added sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Rum - Adding rum to your keto-friendly drinks is fantastic! It's low carb and adds lots of yumminess to your drinks.
How To Make A Keto Mojito
Step One: Start off by muddling the mint with a mortar and pestle. If you don't have that, you can use a small bowl and a fork.
Step Two: Place the muddled mint in a serving glass, then pour in the simple syrup, lime juice, seltzer, and rum. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Can I Use Different Alcohol?
Not a fan of rum or ran out? No problem, you could also use plain vodka instead. Some people tend to think vodka is a little stronger than rum, so you might want to adjust how much you add until it's the result you are looking for. Both give you delicious results in low carb cocktails and are low in net carbs.
Is It Okay To Add Fruit To The Keto Mojito?
Sure! If you want to add in some fruit to this keto low carb mojito recipe, that is more than fine. Berries like raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries are a fun way to add in some fruitiness and natural sweetness. One of my favorite keto recipes for adult beverages is this frozen blueberry mojito.
Lemon and lime slices are also a lovely garnish and add even more citrus flavor. This is a great cocktail to experiment with because it tastes great no matter what changes you make!
I recommend if you decide to add some berries that you go ahead and muddle a couple and add a few more berries to the drink.
Are Mojitos Keto?
No, typical mojitos are not keto at all. They are filled with simple syrup that has LOADS of sugar. They are often filled with sugary fruit juices as well. So, you are better off making them at home where you can monitor what goes in them.
Can You Save Leftovers?
While this sugar free keto mojito is way better when it's fresh, you can save them. I recommend not adding the seltzer water until you are ready to serve because it will go flat, but the rest can be saved. Keep it cold and in a sealed container in the fridge. You should drink it within 24 hours for the best results.
Check out some of my other incredible cocktails that are keto-friendly!
- Frozen Raspberry Cheesecake Cocktail Mocktail
- Low Carb Orange Creamsicle Frozen Cocktail
- Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
- Keto Sangria
For an extra special treat blend this mojito recipe and then swirl in some keto blueberry sauce!
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 4 oz seltzer
- 2 oz keto simple syrup
- 2 oz rum
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Pitcher for Four
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 16 oz seltzer
- 8 oz keto simple syrup
- 8 oz rum
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Crush the mint in a mortar and pestle or in a small bowl with a fork. Transfer to a serving glass. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Serve over ice.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.