This Keto Pina Colada is the ultimate cocktail! It’s refreshing, ultra-creamy, and tastes like the perfect tropical drink you have been craving. Serve it at barbecues, pool parties, or sip on one after a long day. It’s sugar-free, grain-free, low-carb, keto, and gluten-free.
If you have been struggling to find cocktails or drinks that fit into your keto lifestyle, you aren’t alone. There are many people on keto that struggle with finding drinks that fit their needs and actually taste amazing. This pina colada is fantastic and will keep your taste buds really happy.
The flavors of coconut, rum, and pineapple together seriously make you feel like you are on a tropical island somewhere. Okay, even if you don’t feel that way, this is one drink that is certainly going to make you feel like summer is here!
So grab some glasses and friends, sit back and enjoy this delicious homemade low carb keto piña colada recipe. You’ll be thanking me later.
When I am craving something fun and playful, this keto pina colada cocktail is at the top of my list. I mean, this amazing coconut pineapple drink only needs six ingredients and tastes better than what you get at a bar.
- Coconut Milk - I love using coconut milk because it tastes so darn good and is creamy too. Plus, it’s a great source of fiber, vitamin C, iron, potassium, manganese, and so much more!
- Ice Cubes - Adding ice cubes is a must to ensure that your drink is plenty cold and slushy. You could drink it over ice if you’d rather, but it’s not going to give the same results.
- Simple Syrup - Making your own keto simple syrup is very easy and tastes great.
- Rum - Any kind of rum you like will work, so use whatever you have on hand. Or you can omit it for a virgin pina colada.
- Pineapple Extract - This is my secret ingredient, and it makes all the difference in the world. I recommend keeping some on hand for cocktails and other recipes.
- Coconut Extract - To really give the coconut flavor a boost, add some coconut extract in addition to the coconut milk. It’s so incredible!
How To Make a Keto Piña Colada
As you can imagine, there isn’t a whole lot to making this drink recipe. You just need to add the coconut milk, ice, simple syrup, rum, pineapple extract, and coconut extract together in a blender.
Blend until it’s smooth and creamy. You are all set, and it’s time to taste your new favorite drink.
Tips For Making Low Carb Pina Coladas
I wanted to share a few tips to give you the best results when making this keto pina colada recipe.
- Use a high-quality blender. If there is one thing that is super important when making slushy drinks, it’s using a high-quality blender. A cheap blender can get the job done, but it takes a lot longer, and you still may end up with chunks of ice in the drink.
- Garnish the cocktails. You can add a wedge of pineapple and maybe even a sprig or two of mint. Some shredded toasted coconut sprinkled on top looks pretty. To add a pop of color, a strawberry or bright red cherry would look nice as well.
- Freeze the glasses. If you have time, go ahead and freeze the glasses. It will help keep the drink chilled and adds an extra excellent effect.
Are Regular Pina Colada’s Low Carb?
No, regular Pina Coladas are not low carb at all. They are filled with sugar, pineapple, and pineapple juice. As you can imagine, pineapple juice is loaded with sugar and wouldn’t be good for a keto diet. That’s why I highly recommend this keto pina colada recipe instead. Then there is no worry at all!
Can I Make This A Mocktail?
Hosting a baby shower or want to sip on a drink without the rum? No problem, simply omit the rum or sub in coconut water, and you will still end up with a great drink. Kids and adults will all love the flavor combination, and it’s a great way to cool off on a hot day.
Make my keto friendly pina colada ice cream is also a great way to serve these pineapple coconut flavors to the whole family!
Is It Okay To Use Coconut Cream in a Keto Pina Colada?
Sure! Replacing the coconut milk with canned coconut cream will make the drink even creamier. Coconut cream is going to have a higher fat content, so keep that in mind when making the drink. Just make sure you are using pure coconut cream in any of your keto recipes and not coconut cream with sugar added.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.