If you've been missing a good vanilla iced latte or frappuccino you've come to the right place. Try this Sugar-Free Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte & Frappuccino Recipe! Make one concentrate and have your favorite beverage ready in minutes. It is even faster than waiting in line to order one.
A few weeks ago I splurged at Starbucks and got a Breve Frappuccino with Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup. I don't normally get the sugar free syrups since they use Splenda and I prefer natural sweeteners. But it was SO good. I've been wanting another one since then. I began playing around with making a healthy vanilla latte concentrate.
This frappuccino recipe is low carb, keto, and really does rival my sugar-free Starbucks treat. Keep reading for my homemade iced skinny vanilla latte and frappuccino recipe.
How to Make a Frappuccino Base
I make one base with heavy cream, almond milk, sweetener, coffee, and vanilla. Once that it made you can tweak it to a latte or frappuccino by the amount of additional almond milk and ice you add.
Can I make this dairy-free?
I haven't tried making this entirely dairy-free but I'm sure a combination of coconut milk and almond milk will work.
Can I make this concentrate with other flavors?
Yup! You can tweak this copycat Starbucks skinny vanilla latte to be different flavors by omitting the vanilla in favor of another extract.
Feel free to add some cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, or another spice of your choice. Blend it with some cocoa powder for a mocha.
You can even kick it up with a tiny bit of chipotle powder.
How do I make coffee ice cubes?
To make coffee ice cubes you simply freeze brewed coffee in an ice cube tray. This way when you blend or chill your coffee drink it won't get watered down with regular ice cubes made from H2O.
Iced Latte vs Frappuccino
So, I do use the one concentrate for both of these. The main difference is what you add to it and how it is prepared.
Here are two examples:
Skinny Vanilla Latte:
1 part concentrate
1 to 1.5 parts almond milk, to taste
coffee ice cubes (highly recommended - just freeze coffee in an ice cube tray)
Example: 6 oz concentrate plus 8 oz of almond milk over a few frozen coffee ice cubes
1 part concentrate
½ part almond milk
coffee ice cubes and regular ice cubes
pinch of xanthan gum, optional (it helps keep the drink from separating)
Example: 8 oz concentrate plus 4 oz almond milk blended with 6 coffee ice cubes, 6 regular ice cubes, and a pinch of xanthan gum
Here are a few more of my favorite low carb coffee themed treats!
Want a coffee-free treat? Try my Vanilla Bean Frappuccino!
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup very very strong coffee (I used twice the amount of grounds I normally use)
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
To Make the Concentrate:
- Combine concentrate ingredients and mix thoroughly.
To Make an Iced Latte:
- 1 part concentrate, 1 to 1.5 parts almond milk, to taste, coffee ice cubes (highly recommended - just freeze coffee in an ice cube tray)
- Latte Example: 6 oz concentrate plus 8 oz of almond milk over a few frozen coffee ice cubes
To Make a Frappuccino:
- Blend 1 part concentrate, ½ part almond milk, coffee ice cubes and regular ice cubes, and a pinch of xanthan gum, optional (it helps keep the drink from separating)
- Frappuccino Example: 8 oz concentrate plus 4 oz almond milk blended with 6 coffee ice cubes, 6 regular ice cubes, and a pinch of xanthan gum
Originally Published April 25, 2016. Revised and Republished March 19, 2020.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.