Two of my kids turned up their noses at the Spinach & Goat Cheese variety I tried but they all loved the Cheddar & Broccoli Mini Quiches. My 8 year even had a couple for an after school snack today. Next time I make these I'm going to double the recipe so I can freeze some. With 6 of us in my house, the 24 Mini Quiches only lasted a day and a half. I'd love to have some of these in the freezer for busy mornings.
The shells have a beautiful color and the yolks are deep yellow and creamy. I could tell the difference between these eggs and regular eggs as soon as I opened the box.
Mini Quiche Crust Ingredients:
8 oz mozzarella, shredded or cubed
2 oz cream cheese
⅔ cup almond flour
4 teaspoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
My tip is to not even bother cleaning the food processor between the dough and the filling. Those little bits stuck on the bottom and the side won't matter at all.
Mini Quiche Filling Ingredients:
3 the happy egg co. eggs
3 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 oz shredded or crumbled cheese
2 oz chopped meat or vegetables
Some of my favorite quiche filling combinations:
Cheddar & Broccoli (seen here)
Spinach & Goat Cheese (seen here)
Caramelized Onion & Asiago
Ham & Cheddar
Bacon & Swiss
Sausage & Mozzarella
Garden Vegetable (finely chopped zucchini, onions, peppers, tomatoes)
The filling ideas for these are endless. You can even make these into cute little cheesecakes by omitting the savory aspects and adding sweetener and vanilla instead!
For a full-size version try my Keto Quiche with ham and cheese!
Classic Mini Quiche Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350. Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Add the rest of the dough ingredients and the cheese to a food processor. Mix using the dough blade until a uniform color. If you do not have a food processor you can mix in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon but you may need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Grease a 24 hole mini muffin tin. Divide the dough between the holes of the tin. Using wet fingers press it down into the bottom and up the sides of each hole. If your fingers aren’t wet it will stick to your fingers. I keep a small bowl of water next to me while I work. I dip my hands, press two out, dip again, and repeat.
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, onion, garlic, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add a little cheese and meat or vegetable to each dough cup. Fill with the egg mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Note: If you have any egg mixture left over just bake it in a greased ramekin. Depending on the fillings you choose there may be some left.