I’ve roasted many chickens & this Buttery Garlic Roast Chicken was the BEST one. The crunchy bits of garlic were amazing. It has only 5 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to prepare.
Buttery Garlic Roast Chicken – Keto, Paleo, THM S, Low Carb, Grain Dairy & Gluten Free
I don’t normally roast whole chickens at 11 am on Thursday mornings but I might start. My husband and I were going to a fundraiser last night but the chicken I took out a few days ago from the freezer was completely thawed. I didn’t want to chance it spoiling so I decided to just cook it. It came out amazing. I ate more than I care to admit for lunch.
My new favorite product is Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil. It is vegan and dairy free but tastes like butter. When I opened the jar it smelled like a movie theater. I can’t wait for my kids to try it on popcorn. I want to try it in dairy-free baked goods and on roasted veggies.
It worked really well on the chicken. I mixed it with fresh minced garlic and the chicken came out golden brown with crispy bits of garlic covering it. Those were the best part.
My trick for roasting chicken is to very liberally salt the cavity. This flavors the chicken from the inside and makes the bird super moist. The only downside is the drippings end up too salty to make gravy. If you are a big gravy fan you can cut back on the salt.
This is another in my series of dinners with only 5 ingredients and a 5 minute prep time. I promised last time I wouldn’t do another chicken recipe but I couldn’t help it. This needed to be shared. You can also check out my Pizza Chicken Casserole, Baked Pesto Chicken, and Cheesy Bacon Chicken for other easy dinner ideas.
You can buy Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil directly from Amazon or Thrive Market.
- 1 whole chicken mine was about 5 pounds, discard the giblets
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp butter flavored coconut oil
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press the garlic through a garlic press or chop very fine. Soften the coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds if necessary. Mix the coconut oil with the garlic and a big pinch of the salt. Set aside.
- Rub the remaining salt inside the empty cavity of the chicken. Stuff the thyme in the cavity.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with the coconut oil and garlic mixture.
- Roast for 2-3 hours until golden and at least 160 degrees. Cool for 10 minutes before carving.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!