Whip up this quick keto beef and broccoli recipe that is better than takeout from your favorite restaurant. Tender beef, broccoli, in a savory sauce. Pile on top of cauliflower rice and ring that dinner bell. This is a must make beef and broccoli recipe you don’t want to pass up.
Beef and Broccoli Recipe Stir Fry Low Carb Keto
Beef and broccoli stir fry is an excellent recipe to keep in your back pocket on those nights you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Stir fry is a go-to recipe that you can always tweak to add in more veggies if you wish for added flavor. You can use either broccoli florets or broccolini in this recipe. This beef and broccolini have a homemade sauce that brings this dish to a whole new level!
Saucy Beef and Broccoli
Let me answer some questions on this easy beef and broccoli recipe and let you all see first hand how simple and tasty this dish is going to be. Whip it up for your family or guests and have a delicious meal that tastes better than takeout.
Is Beef and Broccoli Keto Friendly
This beef and broccoli recipe is keto friendly. The sauce is made with low carb ingredients so you can stay on track and eat a wholesome meal at home. I love recipes that taste like takeout, but you know you are staying on track with your diet journey.
What Cut of Beef Is Best for Beef and Broccoli
Flank steak or even flat iron steak is an excellent cut of beef for beef and broccoli. Both of these meats are going to cook up nice and tender if you correctly cut them.
Flank steak has fibers running through the meat; you want to cut against the grain, giving your meat a tender result. When you cut against the fibers, it helps to tenderize the meat naturally. So go against the grain and cut the strands.
Best Way to Cut Beef for Beef and Broccoli
Freeze the steak for around 30 minutes. Pull it out and then begin slicing. This will prevent slipping from a slippery steak. If you don’t have time to freeze just ensure you hold on to the meat tightly as it could move around a little on cutting board, as raw steak can be a bit slippery.
Do You Need A Wok for Beef and Broccoli Recipe
You are welcome to use a sturdy skillet in replace of a Wok for beef and broccoli. Traditionally in restaurants, you will find a Wok is used, but a skillet will do just fine. You could even reach for a cast iron skillet if you own one, that offers up a nice sear on the steak that will add a lot of flavor to your dish.
How to Make Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
The first step is creating your marinade. This is what is going to become the sauce to your stir fry. It will also help in breaking down and tenderizing your meat as well.
Once you finished marinading your steak, you want to cook in a skillet for around 5-8 minutes creating a nice sear. The sear of the steak is going to add dimension and flavor to the dish.
While your steak is cooking, blanch your broccoli or broccolini. Then you will mix your steak and broccoli along with the sauce. Cook until cooked through then serve up your dinner!
Try this Keto Teriyaki Chicken next!
How to Serve Beef and Broccoli
You can eat this dish alone, and don’t need another side to pair it with. But if you are wanting a bit more to pair consider making up some cauliflower rice, regular long rain or sticky rice. Or even reach for a rice noodle or something along those lines. If you plan to keep this low carb, consider that when pairing to your beef and broccoli dish.
Give this recipe a try, and see how you and your family like it. Best of all this taste nice the next day if you enjoy taking leftovers. It is also great for meal prepping for the week. I have done this in the past, and you just pop in the microwave or warm up on the stove for a simple but savory lunch.
Have you made beef and broccoli at home before? Make a batch along with this Low Carb Teriyaki Chicken for a healthy alternative to take-out!
- 1 lb broccoli florets or broccolini
- 1.5 lbs thin cut steak sliced into strips
- ⅔ cups soy sauce, divided
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar flavored sweetener ***
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch xanthan gum
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ⅓ cups bone broth
- pepper to taste
- Place the steak into a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup of the soy sauce, 1 tbsp of the brown sugar substitute and the lemon juice.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the steak, and add pepper to taste. Toss to coat well. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak to the heated skillet (discarding remaining marinade), and cook for 5-8 minutes until it is seared well and reaches your desired level of doneness.
- While the steak is cooking, lightly blanch the broccoli florets or broccolini for 3-4 minutes, and then rinse under cold water.
- When the steak is almost done cooking, add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Mix together the other ⅓ cup of soy sauce, bone broth and 1 tbsp of brown sugar substitute. You can also add a pinch of xanthan gum to help thicken the sauce mixture. A little goes a long way.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet with the steak, and pour the sauce over the broccoli and beef. Stir to combine, and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
Other Delicious Dinner Ideas
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!