Oh, spinach dip. The quintessential party dip at any event or barbecue. There are so many varieties. Hot, cold, with artichokes, without artichokes, served in a bread bowl like my mom used to make. That was my very favorite and one of the first things I remember helping to make in the kitchen. Packets of vegetable soup mix, mayo, sour cream, and spinach.
Unfortunately, the edible bowl made of bread is not an option these days but this bacony keto spinach dip is a very worthy replacement! Since this spinach dip is low carb I have no guilt eating this deliciousness at parties and barbecues. Or just for lunch. I can't say the same about my mom's vegetable soup packet spinach dip in a pumpernickel bread bowl.
Bacon Spinach Dip Recipe Ingredients:
- bacon - cooked until crisp and crumbled or sub in real bacon crumbles
- cream cheese - make sure it is room temperature or microwave for 20-30 seconds
- mayo - any variety is fine
- sour cream - I prefer the full-fat sour cream
- garlic powder - for a wonderful flavor try roasted garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese - or any other firm cheese like asiago or romano
- frozen spinach, thawed and drained well - if you prefer to use fresh saute it first so it releases it's liquid
- shredded mozzarella - mild provolone or cheddar are great as well
How to make Keto Spinach Dip
First Step: Cook up some bacon (or cheat like I normally do and use real bacon crumbles).
Second Step: Mix it into a creamy combo of cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream. Add the spinach and cheese. Spread into a pie plate or small casserole dish.
Third Step: Top your keto spinach dip with more cheese and more bacon! Bake and serve.
What to serve with Keto Spinach Dip
- Raw Vegetables: I love dipping mild flavored veggies in this like thinly sliced raw zucchini. By using more mild-flavored vegetables the flavor of the dip really stands out.
- Low Carb Chips: You can make your own chips with low carb tortillas or serve this with store-bought chips.
- Keto Crackers
Substitutions & Tips
You can sub in any type of shredded cheese in this recipe.
You can also sub in broccoli or cauliflower for the spinach - both are delicious! Or add chicken to make a hearty main course.
Also, if you are an artichoke fan feel free to add some for a Bacon Caesar Spinach Artichoke Dip. Now that is a mouthful of goodness. I do like spinach artichoke dip sometimes but I wasn't feeling the artichokes today. I may add some next time.
Can I microwave this dip instead of baking?
Yes, you can microwave the dip for about 5 minutes. The only downside to microwaving is the cheese doesn't get golden on top. But on a hot summer day that is a sacrifice, I am willing to make.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain, and crumbled or chop it into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Mix in the spinach, half the bacon, and half the mozzarella.
- Spread in a deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and bacon on top.
- Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly. About 15 minutes.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.