These Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf balls are basically big meatballs stuffed with cheese and topped with sauce. They cook faster than a big meatloaf and you don’t need to roll them into balls. They are a perfect weeknight meal.
Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
I’m all about easy dinners. This one was very easy. When I was a kid my little brother hated cheese. My mom would always hide it in his meatballs. My kids generally like cheese but I’m not above hiding some shredded zucchini in my meatballs and meatloaf. An extra veggie never hurts.
This recipe makes 18 cupcake sized mini meatloaves. We had 3 per adult and 2 per kid. Except for the 10-year-old boy with the adult-sized appetite. He may have eaten 4. He’s growing like a week lately. Last night at dinner we had turkey burgers and he was the only one of all of us to eat 2 entire burgers. And a pile of Caesar salad. And carrots and ranch. After that came dessert. I’m not sure how I’m going to afford to feed him in a few years.
Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf Ingredients:
1.25 – 1.5 lb ground turkey or beef
1 medium zucchini, grated
1/4 cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp salt
8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 18 cubes
8 oz no sugar added pasta sauce (such as Classico Tomato & Basil)
These Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaves are basically big meatballs stuffed with cheese and topped with sauce. They cook faster than a big meatloaf and you don't need to roll them into balls. They are a perfect weeknight meal.
- 1.25 - 1.5 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese cut into 18 cubes
- 8 oz no sugar added pasta sauce such as Classico Tomato & Basil
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 18 holes of two regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray. Or line with foil liners for easier cleanup and then spray.
- Stir together meat, grated zucchini, egg, grated cheese, garlic, onion, and salt. Divide the meat between the holes of the prepared muffin tins. Press one cube of mozzarella into each meatloaf. Spoon a little sauce on each.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Serve with addition sauce if desired.