Put some zing into your dinner by making this delicious easy Keto Stir Fry. Prepared with juicy chicken, fresh zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, onions, green beans, cauliflower rice, and homemade teriyaki sauce. Every bite of this yummy low carb stir fry leaves you savoring every taste. It’s a satisfying one-pan dinner option that is gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, and keto too.
I used to always go out to eat at local Chinese restaurants and order stir fry. All the veggies and meats are filling, and the flavors are amazing. Back in the day, I would always eat it on a bed of fluffy rice. Nowadays, I always eat cauliflower rice, and I can honestly say that I don’t miss traditional rice. The flavor and texture of cauliflower rice are close enough to the real deal; only I get lots of vitamins and minerals in every bite.
I will go into details shortly, but one thing that I enjoy about this homemade keto stir fry is how versatile the recipe. You can easily swap out veggies and meats to be what you are craving or what you happen to have in your fridge. Don’t you love recipes like that?
How Do You Make Keto Stir Fry?
After you make this delicious stir fry recipe, you are going to want to make it frequently. The aroma of it sizzling and cooking is incredible too. Let’s get started:
First Step: Add the oil to a large skillet and heat it up using medium-high heat. Sautee the onions and peppers until they are softened.
Expert Tip: For extra flavor use a little sesame oil.
Second Step: Mix in the squash, green beans, and zucchini and cook until they become tender. Place the veggies into a large bowl.
Third Step: Place the strips of chicken thighs into the skillet and cook until they are done. Drain off any liquid and add the vegetables back into the pan.
Fourth Step: Drizzle the teriyaki sauce and stir to combine. Serve the low carb chicken stir fry over some cauliflower rice in individual dishes.
Expert Tip: If you like the teriyaki sauce to be a bit thicker, you can add half a teaspoon of xanthan gum to the sauce and mix well. Then add it to the skillet.
How to Serve Low Carb Stir Fry
I served my chicken stir fry over cauliflower rice but it is also great over shirataki noodles, hearts of palm noodles, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash.
You can top individual portions with some chopped green onions, sesame seeds, or even peanuts and basil or cilantro for more of Thai flair.
Keto Stir Fry Variations
As I mentioned earlier, you can use a variety of meats and veggies in this homemade stir fry recipe. I wanted to give you a few ideas to try out to see what you like.
- Beef - Using steak would be a wonderful option if you aren’t in the mood for chicken. Follow the same directions; just use steak instead. It’s a tasty option that’s also filling.
- Pork - Another amazing option is pork. Slice it thin and cook it just like the chicken. It’s so good.
- Shrimp - One of my favorite variations is using shrimp instead of chicken. It adds a fantastic flavor but also is very pleasing to guests when we have a dinner party too.
- Broccoli - Typically, broccoli is used in a lot of stir fry recipes. It just makes sense to include it in this list of variations. If you love broccoli in your stir fry, feel free to add some in. Cook it with the other veggies.
- Mushrooms - If you are a fan of mushrooms, feel free to add them to the keto chicken stir fry. Saute them when you are cooking the other vegetables.
- Other Vegetables - Red bell peppers or orange bell peppers, baby bok choy, spinach, cabbage, or snow peas are all great choices.
- Skip The Meat Altogether - If you are not in the mood for meat, you can simply cook the veggies and enjoy a vegetarian option. This is also a terrific idea if you are looking for a side dish instead of the main course as well.
- Spiciness - If you like a little heat in your stir fry add crushed red pepper flakes to the stir fry sauce!
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 lb chicken thighs cut into strips
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 12 oz green beans or 6 cups of any vegetables
- ¾ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup brown sugar substitute such as Golden Lakanto
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
To Serve (optional)
- 16 oz cauliflower rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers. Saute until softened.
- Add the zucchini, squash, and green beans. Cook until softened. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and saute until it is cooked through. Drain the cooking liquid.
- Next, add the vegetables back to the skillet.
- Add the teriyaki sauce. Mix well. Serve with cauliflower rice.
To Make Teriyaki Sauce
- Stir together all the ingredients.
- Optional: to thicken the teriyaki sauce add 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum before pouring it in the skillet. Mix well.
Keto Asian Recipes You Don’t Want To Miss
Try these recipes to add some extra flavor to your dinner ideas. These low carb recipes are all tasty and will please even the toughest of crowds.
Oh man, this was SO DELICIOUS! Definitely will be adding it to our regular rotation.
Dinner of champions! I love how easy and healthy this stir fry is!