My Triple Layer Lemon Curd Cake has a layer of lemon cheesecake, a layer of lemon cake, and then a layer of lemon curd. If you love lemon you will be in heaven. It has a delicate texture that pairs so well with fresh berries.
Ever since I tried the Carrot Cake Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory bake in January I've wanted to make a combo cake/cheesecake. That one from The Cheesecake Factory was delicious but it was a huge off plan splurge. It was my birthday and I was about 7 weeks pregnant and feeling gross. I ate a few bites here and there over a few days. It made me feel a little better about my 1700 calorie (and who knows how many carbs) piece of cheesecake.
I've thought about trying to make one just like it but I don't have a base carrot cake recipe yet so I went with lemon on my first try. I'm glad I did. This is amazing. I'll probably make my own version someday but I'm very happy enjoying this lemon variety for now.
If you are craving chocolate make sure to try my Sugar Free Chocolate Cake.
I tried to simplify this a bit by baking the cheesecake and cake together. You par-bake the cheesecake and then put the cake batter on top to finish baking. While it's in the oven whip up the lemon curd.
Triple Layer Lemon Curd Cake Ingredients:
¼ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my blend)
Triple Layer Lemon Curd Cake Cheesecake Layer:
16 oz. ( 2 packs) cream cheese
¼ cup sour cream
⅓ cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my blend)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Triple Layer Lemon Curd Cake Layer:
4 tablespoon butter, softened
⅔ cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my blend)
1 whole egg plus 5 egg whites (save the yolks for the lemon curd)
1 tsp. lemon zest
⅓ cup sour cream
1 ⅓ cup almond flour
⅓ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Triple Layer Lemon Curd Cake Lemon Curd:
7 tablespoon butter
½ cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my blend)
5 egg yolks
¼ cup lemon juice
This beautiful Triple Layer Lemon Curd Cake rises, and then sinks, leaving a perfect well for the lemon curd.
Don't worry about the cracks either, the lemon curd drips down them making the cake layer extra moist and flavorful.
This is delicious served with fresh berries or whipped cream.
Necessities for this recipe:
In a hurry? Make my Keto Lemon Mug Cake instead!
Triple Layered Lemon Cake
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- ⅔ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 whole egg plus 5 egg whites save the yolks for the lemon curd
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Put the ¼ cup almond flour and 1 teaspoon sweetener in the pan and tap and tilt the pan until it covers the bottom.
- Next, make the cheesecake filling. With an electric mixer or food processor mix the cream cheese until fluffy. Add sweetener, lemon zest, and sour cream. Mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Pour into prepared pan. Bake the cheesecake for 25 min.
- Meanwhile, make the cake batter. In the same bowl or food processor cream the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each. Stir in the flours, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- After the cheesecake has baked for 25 minutes drop small dollops of the cake batter all over it. Do not pour it on, it will sink. The best way it to just drop small spoonfuls on top until it is covered. Bake for an additional 35 minutes or until puffed up and golden. Cool completely.
- To make the lemon curd melt the butter and sweetener in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until slightly thickened. Turn off the heat and cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time. Turn the heat back on medium-low and cook until thick. Add the lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer in case there are any bits of scrambled yolk. Cool to room temperature and then use to top the lemon cake.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.