Bite into this decadent dream-worthy Keto Blackberry Cheesecake whenever you are looking for a sweet dessert. It has a delightful almond flour crust, filling that’s creamy and filled with blackberries, and it’s no-bake, so it’s very easy too. Not only does this homemade keto cheesecake taste amazing, but it also looks absolutely stunning too. Dig into a piece of this grain-free, gluten-free, and low carb dessert.
It’s not a secret that I am a cheesecake lover. Can you blame me? Cheesecakes are so vibrant and can be made with a variety of ingredients. Adding fruit, like blackberries, gives them even more incredible flavor and adds to the look.
We always enjoy eating cheesecake at home for dessert, but I especially enjoy taking it to dinner parties. Everyone is so infatuated with how bright and refreshing they look and taste, they can’t believe that it’s a low carb keto dessert. I always recommend cheesecakes as the best low carb dessert to introduce friends and family to a keto diet. They are very similar to traditional cheesecakes in both taste and texture.
How To Make Keto Blackberry Cheesecake
The only part of this blackberry cheesecake that takes a while is waiting for it to set up. I promise it’s worth the wait when you bite into the vibrant cheesecake.
First Step: Begin by making the cheesecake crust. Combine the almond flour, melted butter, sweetener, and almond butter in a food processor. Once it’s well combined, it’s done. You can mix by hand but it will take a little time and elbow grease.
This crust is inspired by my friend Sarah's Fruity Summer Delight over at Mrs. Criddle's Kitchen. It is a delicious low carb fruit tart!
First Step, Part Two: To finish the crust just press it into a pie plate. This is no-bake! It is done.
Second Step: Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the cold water. Allow it to sit for five minutes so the gelatin can bloom. Add the very hot water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
Third Step: Place the cream cheese and cottage cheese in a food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy, then add in the sour cream and vanilla. Continue to pulse until the ingredients are combined and scrape the sides of the food processor as needed. Add half of the bloomed gelatin mixture into the cheesecake mixture. Mix well and pour half of it into the crush.
Expert Tip: If there are any lumps in the gelatin mixture, strain through a mesh sieve.
Fourth Step: Add the rest of the gelatin and the blackberry puree to the cheesecake filling and combine. Spread on top of the plain cheesecake layer. Make sure it’s spread evenly, and you can swirl if you want.
Expert Tip: Work quickly if your goal is swirling the two colors of the keto blackberry cheesecake together.
(That was my original plan during this photoshoot but right after the below photo, my mother-in-law came running in with my 2-year-old who had fallen and hit his head pretty hard. I took a 15-minute break at this point to rock him while holding on an ice pack! When I got back to my cheesecake it had firmed up just enough that swirls were impossible. Life with six kids is definitely never dull)!
Fifth Step: Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until it’s set. You can add extra berries right before serving. Enjoy cold!
Can You Make Keto Blackberry Cheesecake In Advance?
Yes, you can easily make this keto blackberry cheesecake ahead of time. Prepare the cheesecake as directed and cover it tightly. Place it in the fridge, and it will last 5-7 days. It’s fantastic to have the cheesecake around and ready to eat anytime we are in the mood for a slice. Or, if you are hosting a gathering, you can save yourself time on the day of your event by prepping this low carb blackberry cheesecake ahead of time.
Can I Swap The Blackberries For Other Fruit?
Yes, if you don’t have blackberries or just want to switch them out, that’s more than fine. Use any low carb berry such as blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries. They are all delightful if you ask me.
Can I Make This Recipe Into Mini Cheesecakes?
Absolutely you can make this into mini cheesecakes. We love doing this if we are serving a bunch of people because they feel special getting their own personalized dessert. Follow the same directions, but instead of using one large pan, use muffin tins or ramekins. Both work well and will give you an incredible mini cheesecake.
Tips For The Best Keto Blackberry Cheesecake
I wanted to share a few tips, so you have the best homemade keto blackberry cheesecake experience ever. Take a look:
- Keep the cheesecake covered. - We have figured out over the years that it’s best to keep the cheesecake covered until you are ready to serve. Otherwise, the sweetener (depending on what you use) may end up sort of grainy.
- Don’t take the cheesecake out of the fridge early. - I know it’s tempting, but be sure to keep it chilled for 2-3 hours. It will allow the cheesecake flavor and texture to be the best possible.
- Use room temperature cream cheese whenever possible. It’s so much easier, and the results are way better when you use room temperature cream cheese. You can also set out the cottage cheese and sour cream, but it’s not required.
- Prepare the no-bake crust by mixing the crust ingredients until they are well combined. This is easiest in a food processor.
- Bloom the gelatin by sprinkling it over ¼ cup of cold water. Let is sit for 5 minutes. Then mix in ¼ cup very hot water. Stir until is dissolved
- Process the cream cheese and cottage cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add the sour cream and vanilla. Pulse until well combined. Scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add in half of the gelatin mixture (strain through a mesh sieve if there are any lumps). Mix well. Pour about half of the filling into the prepared crust.
- Add the blackberry puree and the rest of the gelatin to the remaining cheesecake filling. Mix well. Pour on top of the plain cheesecake. Spread evenly. Swirl if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours to set. Top with additional berries just before serving, if desired.
If you are in the mood for more intense and delicious cheesecake recipes, you have to see these.
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 5 Minute Keto Cheesecake Fluff