Nothing is more delicious than sinking your teeth into a juicy Keto Turkey Burger. You only need 5 ingredients, and these filling burgers will practically melt in your mouth. Not only are they keto-friendly and healthy, but they are also low carb, gluten-free, and grain-free too.
It’s next to impossible to turn down a good burger! Thankfully, burgers are always a win at our house. We could go out to eat and order a burger that turns out being...blah, OR I can make us homemade low carb turkey burgers that everyone loves. I almost always choose to make them myself. They are so easy!
When it comes to any kind of burger, I want it to be juicy and have lots of flavors. These keto turkey burgers fit our needs perfectly. If you are in the mood for even more gluten free burgers, check out my Asian Paleo Turkey Burgers with Broccoli Slaw and Stuffed Turkey Burgers too.
What You’ll Need
As I mentioned earlier, all you need is five ingredients for keto turkey burgers, and all of them are things you most likely have around. Super easy!
- Ground Turkey - Any variety of ground turkey meat will work. Leaner meat tends to be a little bit dryer. We prefer the flavor of ground turkey to ground beef in a lot of recipes. But, if you normally just eat beef it might take a few tries before you can cook a turkey burger recipe perfectly.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - Nothing beats cheddar cheese on these turkey burgers, but you can certainly swap it for any other kind of cheese you like.
- Bacon Crumbles - You will get lots of flavor from the bacon. I mean, everything tastes better with bacon, right?
- Coconut Flour - It might sound strange to add flour, but it’s the perfect binder.
- Garlic Salt - We love how it tastes with garlic salt. You can always adjust the seasonings if you like something else better.
How To Make Keto Turkey Burgers
I hope you are getting excited! These are the easiest turkey burgers ever, and I am pretty sure you are going to love them as much as I do.
Step One: Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Add parchment paper to a rimmed baking sheet.
Step Two: Mix the ground turkey, cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, coconut flour, and garlic salt together in a medium bowl. Form into 6 evenly sized burgers and put on the lined baking sheet.
Step Three: Grease a large skillet with olive oil or cooking spray. Cook the burgers over medium high for 7-8 minutes or until the bottom is browned. Flip and add a lid to the pan. Cook for 5-8 more minutes or until they reach 160 degrees. You may need to cook them in 2 batches.
Oven Option: Alternatively, you can bake the keto turkey burgers for 20-25 minutes until they reach 160 degrees. Serve with your favorite toppings and/or buns!
Optional Topping Ideas
Toppings are where it gets really fun! If you are hosting a party or are serving these keto turkey burgers to your family, the toppings are bound to be a hit. Here are a few ideas to consider serving.
- Grilled, Sauteed, Raw or Smoked Onions
- Keto Cheese Sauce, Blue Cheese, Cheddar, or Swiss
- Lettuce & Tomatoes
- Sliced Bacon & Mushrooms - One of our favorite burger combinations.
- Muffuletta - I use this on my cajun burgers and it is so good!
- Dill Pickles - If you prefer sweet pickles make sure you choose one sweetened with a natural sweetener instead of sugar.
- Pickled Jalapenos or Roasted Red Peppers
- Avocado Slices or Keto Guacamole
- Mayo, Mustard, Garlic Aioli, Ketchup, Chipotle Mayo, Pesto, or Barbecue Sauce
Can I Grill Turkey Burgers?
Yep! It’s completely fine to grill these keto turkey burgers. The biggest issue you may have is that the cheese inside of the turkey burger may melt out as they are first cooking. This is normal, so you might want to add a little bit more cheese during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Or add a slice of cheese once they come off the grill.
You can even cook burgers in the smoker! Check out this post for Smoked Turkey Burgers if you want to give it a try!
What Should I Serve With Keto Turkey Burgers?
They are very similar to traditional hamburgers, so you could serve anything you normally would. I wanted to share some of the things we love to eat with them.
- Fries - We all love fries with our turkey burgers. If you eat low carb, you need to stick with a keto-friendly fry. Try my keto fries!
- Veggies - Really, any vegetables will work. Roasted veggies, grilled, or something like my keto creamed spinach would all be great choices.
- Salad - Serving a fresh garden salad is a wonderful way to make your meal stretch farther and get some additional nutrients. Or you can go with a fun salad like my keto broccoli salad or my zucchini salad which is made with zucchini noodles, feta, and dill.
- Dips - If you are hosting a dinner party or barbecue, having dips is a must. Try out my creamy chive dip; it’s so good!
Keto Hamburger Buns
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Combine all the ingredients and fold them together. Form into 6 burgers. Place each on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cook in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray for 7-8 minutes until the bottom is browned. Flip and cover with a lid. Cook an additional 5-8 minutes or until 160 on a meat thermometer. OR Bake for 20-25 minutes or until 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.