Blue Cheese & Cranberry Baked Turkey Burgers – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
We have loved this combination for years. I originally made it according to a recipe from the Make It Fast Cook It Slow crockpot cookbook. After the first try, we knew we loved the flavor but didn’t love the texture from cooking it in a crockpot. For a while after that, I made it according to that recipe but just baked it in the oven.
Over the years I developed the recipe to make it low carb, sugar, and gluten-free. I now omit the bread crumbs, use unsweetened dried cranberries to replace the dried cherries, and occasionally use gorgonzola cheese instead of the blue.
Ingredients: unsweetened dried cranberries, ground turkey, crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese, dried minced garlic, minced onion, fresh basil, egg, salt
- 20 oz ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese (about 2.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix together.
- Shape into 4 burgers and put on a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the burgers are160 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer.