It’s been a long time since I’ve had a guest post so when I saw Hannah’s Low Carb Brownie recipe going viral in the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook group I asked her if I could share it here on Joy Filled Eats. I was thrilled when she said yes! There are never too many low carb brownies and although this is similar to my Fudgiest Fudge Brownies it is different enough to warrant its own spot on my blog.
Hannah’s recipe uses cocoa powder as the base whereas my Low Carb Brownie recipe uses melted baking chocolate. That makes her recipe more economical if you are on a tight budget.
Hannah’s Fabulous Low Carb Brownies Recipe – THM S, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free
I’m going to hand this Low Carb Brownies post over to Hannah now. Enjoy!
Hannah: I created this recipe after trying 8 to 10 other sugar free, low carb brownie recipes that I just didn’t personally enjoy. I really love brownies and I would rather go without than eat something that doesn’t even have a semblance of that “real” brownie taste and texture.
My husband has laughed at me as I’ve been disappointed after trying so many recipes that people said tasted JUST LIKE _____, and I’ve worried that these people either haven’t tasted the real thing in too long or are unashamed liars! I absolutely love these brownies and I am so excited to be able to enjoy them happily knowing they are not bad for my health!
They are unbelievably delicious still hot from the oven, and become fudgy (and still sublime) when cooled. I hope you make and enjoy these almost “real” brownies!
Note: baking blends do NOT work here. It needs to be this specific combo of almond and coconut flours to get that almost real brownie taste and texture!
Enjoy this low carb brownies recipe warm! They are delicious immediately, and also nuked in the microwave if they have been allowed to cool.
- 2 large eggs (MUST be room temp!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gentle sweet OR 1/3 cup super sweet OR 1 cup erythritol
- 3/4 tsp fine mineral salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 cup 85 % dark chocolate , chopped (or Lily's chocolate chips)
- Start by whisking the ROOM temp eggs and then the melted coconut oil and vanilla together with the warm water, this will prevent an undesirable texture from the coconut oil resolidifying during the mixing process.
- Once the wet ingredients are all stirred together, add the cocoa powder, sweetener, salt, almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Whisk together and spread into a greased 8x6 or 8x8 pan.
- Lastly, sprinkle the chopped chocolate or Lily's chips over the top and bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 min for an 8x6 pan. For an 8x8 pan start checking them around 20 minutes.
- Enjoy these brownies warm! They are delicious immediately, and also nuked in the microwave if they have been allowed to cool.