Blondie Brittle is a crispy treat that makes a great snack on the go! Made with 8 ingredients, and it comes together in under 25 minutes. If you've been hunting for an easy last-minute dessert, you have stumbled upon a great one. It's gluten free, low carb keto, sugar free and THM.
I wanted something that had a flavor that resembled a blondie brownie but was more transportable and similar to a brownie brittle in texture. Naturally, I wanted this new recipe for a keto brittle to be low carb and easily fit into my diet without being overly heavy. This is where my creation for blondie brittle came about.
You guys are in for a real treat! BUT it is highly addictive, so don't say I didn't warn you. I'll admit that once I start eating it, it's sort of hard to stop. I recommend keeping it in portioned containers, so you don't go overboard.
You only need 8 ingredients to make a decadent low carb keto brittle.
- Butter - Using butter will not only give the flavor boost but also enhances the texture of the blondie brittle.
- White Chocolate Chips - Naturally, you should go with a sugar-free chocolate chip if you are on a Trim Healthy Mama or low carb keto diet plan.
- Xylitol - Sweetens the dessert, and it's a great alternative to regular white sugar.
- Almond Flour - The slightly nutty taste that the almond flour gives is amazing!
- Gelatin - A little bit of gelatin is needed to give the dessert the proper texture.
- Vanilla - Adding some vanilla is delicious! You can also swap it for almond extract if you prefer.
- Salt - Mixing in some salt will help bring out the natural sweetness of the blondie brittle.
- Peanut Butter Chips - I love adding peanut butter chips because they taste so good. Again, you'll want to go for sugar-free peanut butter chips.
I recommend using ChocZero chocolate chips since that is what I used when I was testing this recipe. ChocZero offers free shipping over $35 and has a nice assortment of regular and flavored sugar free chocolate chips. Make sure to use my code 'joyfilledeats' for an extra 10% off.
How To Make Blondie Brittle
Step One: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then take a piece of parchment paper and line an 11x14 baking sheet.
Step Two: Put the butter and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and heat for 30 more seconds. Repeat this process until melted. Add in the sweetener, almond flour, gelatin, vanilla, and salt, then stir. Spread the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread evenly until it's around ¼ - ½ inch thick. Top with chocolate chips.
Step Three: Bake for 18-22 minutes. It will go from golden to burned quickly so check it often!
Expert Tip: I recommend beginning to check every 2-3 minutes at the 10 minutes point.
Step Four: Once it's done baking, let it cool completely. Then place it in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 2 hours. I prefer to chill it overnight for the best texture Break it into pieces once it firms up and enjoy!
Expert Tip: Those darkened edges are not burned. They are actually the best part because they taste like browned butter!
How do I Store Keto Brittle?
To maintain crispness, this MUST be stored in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to eat it. It softens at room temperature.
Can I Add Other Toppings to Blondie Brittle?
Sure! You can add whatever toppings you like and make this blondie brittle your own. Don't go too heavy on the number of toppings you add, or it will affect the final result. Sugar-Free dark chocolate chips would be a tasty addition too!
Or, if you are in the mood for some nuts, chop them up and sprinkle them on. Unsweetened coconut can also be added, but I would wait until the last 15 minutes of baking, so it doesn't get too toasty.
Can I Use Coconut Flour in Keto Blondie Brittle?
No, I'm sorry! This recipe is going to give you the best results if you stick to using almond flour. In most recipes, I recommend subbing in sunflower seed flour if you need a nut-free sub but I have not tested that in this recipe. If you try it please let me know how it turns out.
Can I Give This As A Gift?
Absolutely! Blondie brittle makes a fantastic gift for any occasion. Place it in a cute box and add some ribbon. Just don't forget to keep it refrigerated, so it doesn't become soft.
What else can I Make with Almond Flour?
If you love recipes with almond flour, don't forget to try out my keto almond flour chocolate chip cookies while you are at it.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large 11x14 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave, microwaving for 30-second intervals and stirring after each. Stir in the sweetener, almond flour, gelatin, vanilla, and salt.
- Spread on the prepared sheet. It should be about ¼ to ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Check this early and often. It can burn quickly. I recommend checking at 10 minutes and every 2 minutes after that until it is golden brown.
- Cool completely and then chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge or freezer. Break into pieces. Store in the fridge or freezer.
More Keto Brittle & Bark Recipes