Biscuits and Gravy recipe warming your soul this winter. It is an easy all-around comfort food the family will love. Made in about 30 minutes this Almond Flour Biscuits and Keto Gravy Recipe is a quick weeknight dinner or a hearty side dish.
Hiya everyone! This is Lindsay again from over at That's Low Carb and today we are bringing you a family favorite and a recipe my husband goes ga-ga over, Keto Biscuits and Low Carb Gravy!
This is a recipe that we haven't made in a while. Not sure if it's the crisp mornings or the fireplace roaring that has me craving comfort foods but we are craving some comfort foods!
Our unstuffed cabbage soup is RIGHT up there with these cravings.
Let's start with the low carb biscuits. There are quite a few options of biscuits you can choose from. Just depending on what you have on hand.
- My favorite personally is our easy Keto and Low Carb Biscuits. Simply drop on the pan and bake. So easy.
- These Almond Flour Keto Biscuits from Taryn here at Joy Filled Eats are also perfection, simply omit the extra herbs. We used these biscuits for this biscuits and gravy recipe!
- Low Carb Garlic Rosemary Rolls if you want some proper rolls instead of the drop biscuit style.
After you pop the biscuits in the oven next is our easy keto gravy.
Perhaps why I enjoy this recipe so much on a low carb diet. It is pure comfort food. There is about 30 minutes total of work. While the biscuits are baking you'll start making the gravy.
Brown your sausage (or ground pork works well). Once it is cooked set it aside in a separate container. Then begin making the gravy with your basic stock or broth, xanthan gum and some spices.
You'll want to deglaze the pan by adding your stock and scraping the bits and flavor that might have been cooked on with the sausage. Get ALL those extra tasty bites into our gravy.
Spoon your gluten free gravy on top of some warm biscuits and we've got keto Biscuits and Gravy! Warm comforting food that will take the chill out of your body and keep you warm this winter. Enjoy!
Try these Keto Cheddar Biscuits next! And serve up some Southern Collard Greens on the side.
Almond Flour Biscuits
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound ground pork
- 5 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper +more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt +more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all biscuit ingredients together (except the mozzarella). Mix until smooth, then gently fold in the mozzarella.
- Drop 12 biscuits onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground pork until it is no longer pink, season with a little salt and pepper and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Pour in your beef stock, deglaze the bottom of the pan and allow stock to reach a boil. Take about ¼ cup of the stock and place into a small bowl or glass, whisk in the xanthan gum. Slowly pour the xanthan gum slurry mixture back into the stock, continually whisking the entire time. (NOTE: You may want to use a little more or little less of the xanthan gum to reach your desired gravy thickness). Allow 3-4 minutes on a medium heat to see if desired gravy thickness is achieved.
- Set to a low heat, stir in cream, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Stir until well combined and serve over your freshly baked biscuits.
My family and I enjoyed your recipe very much!
Do you know if the gravy would freeze well?
Beth Jones says
I made your wonderful biscuits and gravy (Keto)!
We are on special diets and had to make a couple of small changes. We are not allowed andy grains or dairy and I am am not supposed to use salt. Also no Pork!
So, saying that, I made the biscuits without the Cheese and Garlic.
The Gravy was made without Heavy Cream by using Ghee instead. It made the gravy dark due to the unsalted Beef Broth. I forgot that I had Coconut cream in the pantry. I used Turkey sausage in place of the ground pork.
Everything turned out beautiful! I have pictures but do not know how to.
What can I use instead of xanthum gum?
Any thickening agent. Just follow the directions for that particular one. They are all different.
Judith Hernandez says
Delicious gravy. I have been craving pork sausage gravy for a long time and this really did it for me. My family loved this recipe also. Will definitely be a favorite at our house. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I tried your recipe for Father's Day brunch and I think you may have the wrong amount of xanthan here. I used 2 Tbsps and the gravy ended up like gloppy paste. I believe it should be 2 tsps. I followed recipe to a tee, and unfortunately we had to pitch the first batch and try again. I have tried other recipes of yours and was delighted, but we all know xanthan can be a beast if overused, and this is an example of that. Thanks so much!!
Ann, I'm so sorry! You are right. No matter how much I proofread occasionally a typo gets through.
Just curious, how many carbs per biscuit without gravy?
4 total carbs, 3 net carbs.
How many biscuits and how much gravy are ok to eat at one serving for Thm S.
I think 2 or 3 as a meal would be ok. I'd probably lean towards 2 with a side salad.
great recipe... it seems so easily adaptable as well.. may adapt it to clams & seafood broth...