This Keto Broccoli Slaw is the perfect summertime dish. Take it to parties, potlucks, and gatherings. Each bite has roasted sunflower seeds, cranberries, green onions, and a sweet sauce. It's low carb, keto, grain-free, and gluten-free too.
I think we all know what makes traditional broccoli slaw recipes so good. It's all the sugar! Well, I knew that I wanted to make a keto-friendly version of this potluck staple! And let me tell you...it's awesome!
You can absolutely eat this easy slaw any time of year, but I especially love to munch on it during the hot summer months. It's great served as part of a light lunch or with your favorite meat for dinner.
When you taste this refreshing easy broccoli slaw, I am certain you will have a new favorite dish. It's that good. We really enjoyed it with my air fryer whole chicken as seen in the above photo!
You will need the following ingredients to make it:
- Broccoli Slaw - You can pick up bagged broccoli slaw at your local grocery store. It's quick and doesn't require any effort from you.
- Sunflower Seeds - It's best to use roasted and salted sunflower seeds. They will be the perfect addition to the salad.
- Dried Cranberries - The big thing to search for when shopping is to buy sugar-free or make your own. Regular dried cranberries have a lot of added sugar and are not keto friendly.
- Green Onions - Loaded with vitamin K, vitamin C, and antioxidants, green onions are a great addition to this dish.
- Avocado Oil - Rich in vitamin E, avocado oil is a tasty option to include in this dish.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - The dressing on this keto broccoli slaw is both sweet and tangy. The zesty flavor comes from apple cider vinegar.
- Sweetener - Classic broccoli slaw recipes are loaded with sugar, so we want to keep it low carb by using sweetener instead.
- Lemon Juice - You'll be getting a nice boost of nutrients from the lemon juice. It's packed with vitamin C.
- Salt - You can adjust the amount of salt you add to make it perfect for your taste buds. Add black pepper to if you'd like.
How To Make Keto Broccoli Slaw
Step One: Place the broccoli slaw in a medium sized bowl. Top with sunflower seeds, green onions, and cranberries.
Step Two: Prepare the sauce by mixing together the avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, sweetener, and lemon juice with a whisk. Pour over the slaw and gently toss.
Broccoli Slaw Variations
Naturally, I love everything about this recipe the way it is written. But once in a while, I will add something a little bit extra to use up an ingredient or change the flavor. These ideas are all fine for low carb recipes:
- Nuts - Grab any of your favorite nuts and sprinkle them on the slaw. Almonds, walnuts, or pecans would all go great with the other ingredients.
- Bacon - If you are serving it as more of the main course, it is fun to add in some crispy bacon. It will give you an extra boost of protein too.
- Red Onions - We already include green onions, but if you love the flavor of red onions, go for it! Chop them up into small pieces, so they are easier to eat and blend them in.
Do You Eat Broccoli Slaw Warm Or Cold?
You can absolutely eat this keto broccoli slaw right away once you put it together. However, the flavors blend together so much more if you refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving. This is ultimately your call, but I prefer it chilled.
Do I Have To Use Pre-Packed Veggies?
While it's not required to use pre-packed veggies, it certainly saves you some time and a big step. If you would rather slice your own vegetables, that is more than fine. You will need to slice cabbage, broccoli, and carrots into super thin slices.
How Long Does Keto Slaw Last?
Low carb broccoli slaw is best when served within 3 days of being made. The vegetables in the keto broccoli slaw tend to hold up well for the first 2-3 days but then start to lose texture after that. They do need to be stored in an airtight container for the best results.
- 12 oz broccoli slaw
- 3 tbsp roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp sugar free dried cranberries
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
Broccoli Slaw Dressing
- 2 oz avocado oil
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium serving bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well. I like to blend them to emulsify the oil.
- Drizzle the dressing over the broccoli and slaw and mix well. You can serve it immediately but I do like to let it side for at least 30 minutes so the dressing softens the broccoli.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.