Spinach stuffed chicken breast with artichokes is an easy way to make a cheap staple stand out. With a stuffing of spinach and artichokes, these Artichoke Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts are special enough for company but easy enough for every day.
Artichoke Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast – Low Carb, Keto, THM S, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
One of my closest friends Daria and I like to cook together. We get together on a weekday and meal prep while our little ones play. She came over in April and in about two hours we banged out a few trays of meatballs, cilantro lime chicken, and a big batch of these stuffed chicken breast.
Can you freeze Stuffed Chicken Breast?
Absolutely! This makes 12 Artichoke Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts. You can half it if desired but they freeze well. I like making the entire batch and freezing them individually for quick meals.
We both froze the spinach stuffed chicken breasts individually wrapped so we could pull them out for home date nights. My husband and I try to get out a couple times a month alone for dinner. We think it is really important to have time without the kids to just talk and be together. But babysitters can get expensive.
There are many weeks that we just have a date night at home. We let the kids eat pizza and watch a movie in the living room and we’ll eat alone in the kitchen. Having a Artichoke Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast stuffed and frozen makes a delicious but easy meal for our home date nights.
I cooked some of these in my instant pot right from their frozen state. Just put them in, set the timer for manual high for 10 minutes and we had a delicious dinner entree!
The spinach and artichoke filling for stuffed chicken breast are so good I have a hard time not just eating it with a spoon! You can make the filling into a dip by just adding a little sour cream and mayo. We love it that way with fresh veggies!
Artichoke Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Ingredients:
frozen spinach (thawed)
dried minced garlic
dried minced onion
salt & pepper
What to serve with Spinach Stuffed Chicken?
Most nights I throw a couple of bags of steamable vegetables into the microwave to go along with our protein. Those plus the standard fare of raw veggies dipped into homemade ranch is enough for my family. In the summer we lean towards Caesar salad as our favorite side dish. Some other great choices are Garlic Broccoli, Roasted Cabbage Steaks, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- 12 chicken breasts about 5-6 pounds
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Combine cream cheese, artichokes, parmesan, spinach, and seasonings. Mix well. Set aside.
- Pound chicken into thin pieces with a meat mallet. I normally cover it in plastic wrap to avoid splatters of chicken juice.
- Spread out all the pieces of chicken on a couple cookie sheets. Divide the filling between them all. It helps to do it this way so you don't run out of the filling or end up with some left over. Roll up the chicken. Sprinkle each with a little garlic salt. Wrap each piece individually in plastic wrap if freezing. Or put seam side down in a casserole dish to cook immediately.
- To cook: Thaw chicken breasts overnight if frozen. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until the inside registers 160 on a meat thermometer.
Originally Published June 14, 2016. Revised and Republished on January 3, 2019.