How to make Caesar salad dressing: just mix together 4 simple ingredients and season with salt and pepper. My 9-year-old makes this for dinner for us at least once a week without any help.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing with 4 Ingredients – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, THM S
An easy Caesar salad is one of our go-to easy sides for dinner. Especially since my toddler now looooves it. Yes, you read that correctly. I have a toddler whose favorite food is Caesar salad. No matter what else is on the table if she sees Caesar salad she begs for it and then eats two plates full.
We eat this Easy Caesar Salad in the summer a lot topped with grilled chicken. In the winter I just bake the chicken breasts in a pyrex dish covered with aluminum foil. When I have bacon crumbles I always add them. On occasion, I’ll add sliced mushrooms and red onions too.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing – Dressing Ingredients:
Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
Garlic Powder (preferably Roasted Garlic Powder)
Salt & Pepper
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing – Salad Ingredients:
Romaine lettuce washed and cut into bite-size pieces
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Bacon crumbles (optional)
Cooked Chicken, cubed (optional)
How to make Caesar salad dressing: just mix together 4 simple ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese I normally use the shelf stable powder variety
- 1 tsp roasted garlic powder or regular garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt add another 1/4 tsp if it needs it, the saltiness of parmesan cheese can vary
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Romaine lettuce, washed and cut into bite-size pieces
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bacon crumbles (optional)
- Cooked Chicken, cubed (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients. If you don't need all the dressing immediately you can mix in a smaller bowl and then store in the fridge for about a week.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a large bowl if you are making a large salad. This makes enough dressing for a large bowl of salad using two romaine hearts or one large head of romaine. You can add the lettuce right to the mixing bowl and toss until it is covered with the dressing. Then add the chicken and fold that in gently. Finally, sprinkle the bacon and extra cheese on top.
This is enough for one large salad made with two hearts of romaine or one large head of romaine.
The nutrition is calculated for 1/6th of the dressing using plain yogurt.
Originally published March 23, 2016. Revised and republished March 20, 2018.