These delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins are easily made from scratch. Great for breakfast, snacks, or anytime you want a decadent chocolate treat. Skip the bakery and make this keto muffin recipe instead. You’ll be amazed that these low carb chocolate chip muffins also happen to be grain-free, gluten-free, low carb, and keto too.
Muffins have been a household favorite forever, and once you this keto chocolate chip muffin recipe, you’ll see why. I wanted to make muffins that were ultra moist and closely resembled what you could pick up at a bakery. Not to toot my own horn, but these my low carb chocolate chip muffins are incredible and exactly what I was going for.
We make muffins frequently because you can make such a variety of them. They fit perfectly in the little hands of my kids and can be taken on picnics, to the park as a snack, or when we need a gluten free breakfast on the go. When you want all the flavor of chocolate chip cookies these keto muffins are a great choice! There really isn’t a wrong answer when it comes to eating muffins...right?
All you need is nine ingredients to whip up a batch of this low carb keto chocolate chip muffins recipe. Take a look at what you’ll need.
Eggs - Using eggs gives you the best binder and will provide you with that fantastic texture we all love.
Sour Cream - The best way to give the muffins an incredibly moist crumb, is by using sour cream. It’s impressive how moist it can make the keto muffins.
Almond Milk - I prefer almond milk because I almost always have it on hand. You can use any milk substitute that you like, though.
Almond & Coconut Flour - The combination of the two flours makes low carb muffins taste the most like traditional muffins.
Sweetener - Use my natural homemade sweetener or whichever sweetener you like. I enjoy making my own because it’s so much sweeter and tastes terrific.
Baking Powder - Using the right amount of baking powder will allow the muffins to rise beautifully.
Chocolate Chips - Sugar-free chocolate chips are perfection in these keto muffins. Use any chocolate chips that you like, and you can’t go wrong.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
You are bound to be impressed by how simple these low carb muffins are to make. There are only three steps in my low carb muffin recipe, and they are EASY, so there is no fuss! Take a look:
First Step: Combine the eggs, sour cream, almond milk, flours, sweetener, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix and fold in the sugar free chocolate chips.
Second Step: Line muffin tin with paper or spray with non-stick spray. Use a scoop to spoon out batter for eight muffins.
Third Step: Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
I wasn’t kidding when I told you how easy they are to make, huh? Now you will have a new favorite muffin recipe that the entire family will love.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffin Variations
We adore these chocolate chip muffins just the way the recipe is written. However, if you want to add in some extras, then feel free. Here are a few of the ideas we like to have every once in a while.
- Almond Extract - If you love the flavor of almond extract, then add in ½ teaspoon to the batter. It’s a great combination with the other ingredients and gives you a rich flavor.
- Cinnamon - Add just a sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter. We love to do this during the fall when we crave lots of spicy recipes.
- Nuts - Giving the muffins a little crunch, adding nuts is one of my favorite ways to change them up. Walnuts are my favorite, but you could use pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts as well.
- Banana - Craving banana chocolate chip muffins? Add banana extract for all the flavor without the carbs.
- Berries - Raspberries, blueberries, or chopped strawberries are a great addition if you like the combination of fruit and chocolate.
How Long Do Keto Muffins Last?
As long as the keto low carb muffins are stored airtight they typically last for 3-4 days. It’s essential to keep them away from anything that’s hot like small kitchen appliances, your stove, or direct sunlight. Heat and air will make them spoil faster.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 5 tablespoon butter softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Mix ingredients together.
- Scoop 8 muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
More Low Carb Keto Muffin Recipes
If you can’t get enough keto muffin recipes, be sure to try out these too. They are all amazing and will give you a wonderful breakfast or snack.
- Keto Banana Muffins
- Coconut Flour Muffins
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Zucchini Muffins