My Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Casserole is an easy make-ahead meal the whole family will like. You can prep it a day or two before and just pop it in the oven for about half an hour before serving. This is basically your favorite spinach and artichoke dip with enough chicken in it that you can call it dinner.
Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Casserole – Low Carb, Keto, Grain & Gluten Free, THM S
I have two other spinach and artichoke chicken recipes. So I wasn’t sure if I should share this. But my kids prefer this to the other two and if you have precooked chicken already it is the easiest of the three. I also used fresh spinach in this one so I didn’t have to thaw and drain frozen spinach. It worked really well. I was afraid the liquid released from the spinach would add too much liquid to the sauce. But it didn’t.
If you tried those let me know your favorite of the three. They are all different enough to hold a special place on my blog and on my dinner menu. I prefer the stuffed chicken breasts for dinner company or home date nights with my hubby. The lazy chicken breasts are the fastest if I’m working with raw chicken. This casserole is the richest and creamiest. It is pure comfort food.
If you follow me on instagram you may have seen that I ate leftovers of this for breakfast today. Seriously. It is that good. When I was going through all my breakfast options this was the most appealing. I was just as good, if not better, as leftovers.
Feel free to top this casserole with any mild cheese. Mozzarella works really well too!
I hope you enjoy this Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Casserole!
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pound cooked chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichokes drained
- 4 oz fresh spinach (2 big handfuls)
- 10 slices provolone cheese divided (about 7.5 oz) (or use shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and seasonings until smooth. Mix in the chicken, artichokes, and spinach. Cut 4 of the slices of provolone into pieces and stir those in.
- Spread in the bottom of a large 10 x 13 inch casserole dish. Top with the additional 6 slices of cheese.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until golden, hot, and bubbly. Serve with green veggies or a salad.