Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole is a classy spin on the traditional eggs benedict recipes. It’s flavorful, creamy, filled with eggs, drizzled with hollandaise sauce, and utterly delicious. Perfect for breakfast or brunch this dish is a real crowd-pleaser. This is also low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
If you’ve been wanting something to make that is enticing, delicious, easy to make, and packed with lots of flavors, you have met your match. It doesn’t matter if you are wanting the perfect holiday breakfast idea or want to serve it for brunch or dinner, you are sure to love it.
Making classic eggs benedict to order can be difficult. Making poached eggs layered with Canadian bacon, toasted English muffins, and hollandaise sauce is a time-consuming morning. I've simplified the flavors of the classic using keto bread instead of English muffins, a fluffy egg and cream cheese base instead of a poached egg, and a simple blender hollandaise. Most of the time I also just sub in ham for the Canadian bacon because it is easier to find.
Not only is this casserole a taste bud pleaser, but it’s also inexpensive to make. You don’t need a lot of ingredients to have a huge impact, and it’s filling, so even if you feel like you are starving when you start, you will feel satisfied. Plus, the best part is it is completely customizable.
How To Make Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole
I have a feeling you are going to be glad you made this dish when you bite into the warm flavors. Pure comfort food right here! Let’s take a look at the steps needed to make this eggs benedict casserole.
Low Carb English Muffin Bread: I thought about trying this dough as actual English muffins but who has time for that? It is just as tasty to bake this gluten free bread in the oven. And either way, it was getting cut into cubes for the casserole.
First Step: Begin by preparing the bread. Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, baking powder, butter, milk, and garlic salt in a bowl. Pour into a 6x8 pan.
Second Step: Bake for 25 minutes or so until the bread is golden and firm to the touch.
Third Step: Allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes and then cut it into small cubes.
Creamy Egg Filling: This is a recipe I use time and time again in many keto recipes. I make it into an egg bake almost every weekend.
First Step: Mix together the eggs, cream cheese, garlic, and salt for the filling in a blender until smooth.
Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole:
First Step: Add the cubes of bread to the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Add pieces of Canadian bacon or ham on the bottom of the pan and pour the egg mixture on top.
Bake the casserole in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The center will be set and not jiggly when it’s done cooking.
Hollandaise Sauce: It is easier to make a Hollandaise sauce than you think. It goes along the same lines as a carbonara. You mix eggs into a hot liquid. This tempers the eggs so they are no longer raw and makes a thick and creamy sauce.
First Step: Heat up the butter until very hot but not browned. You can do this in the microwave or a small saucepan. Meanwhile, blend together the egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt. Add the butter slowly while it is mixing. Pour the warm hollandaise over the casserole.
Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole Variations
This keto egg casserole is a great meal to start the day with. You can customize it to have ingredients and flavors you enjoy. Consider adding some of these ideas to the dish to add a burst of vibrant colors, flavors, and textures. They may not be ingredients in an original eggs benedict but who cares if they taste good?
- Mushrooms - If you love mushrooms, then you might as well add some in. They will go well with the other ingredients and provide a fun earthy flavor.
- Spinach - Add some fresh spinach to the mixture. It will wilt as it heats up and won’t take up as much space. You can add ½ cup or so until you have the amount you like.
- Chives - After the keto eggs, benedict casserole has finished baking, top it with some freshly chopped chives. Yummy!
- Tomatoes - Dice up your favorite variety of tomatoes and sprinkle them into the casserole.
- Cheese - Sprinkle some cheese on top for an extra rich flavor. Cheddar, mozzarella, or Colby Jack would all be yummy options.
Can Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole Be Prepped Ahead of Time?
Yep! You can prepare the dish and leave it in the fridge overnight before baking. This is a big time saver if you are making it for an early morning holiday or any other reason. If you don't want to prep the entire casserole, you could simply make the bread ahead of time and prepare everything else right before cooking.
How To Store Leftover Egg Casserole
After the Keto Eggs Benedict has cooled down all the way, put a lid on it. It needs to stay airtight and refrigerated. It will last in the fridge for 2-3 days. I warm up individual pieces in the microwave.
For a sweet treat to serve along with this low carb keto recipe try my Keto French Toast Casserole!
- 8 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 oz Canadian bacon or ham
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
English Muffin Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the bread ingredients together and put in a greased 6x8 pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend together the 8 eggs, cream cheese, and garlic salt for the filling.
- Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces. Put that in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Scatter the ham on top. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and ham.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the center and no longer jiggly.
- Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the butter until very hot but not browned in a small saucepan or in a covered bowl in the microwave. With the blender going slowly pour in the butter. Drizzle the sauce over the casserole.
Even More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Breakfast Pockets
- Broccoli & Cheddar Breakfast Bread
- Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Egg White Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Keto Spicy Shrimp Omelette
- Ricotta & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Keto Quiche