Pumpkin is such a delicious, vibrant flavor in the fall and can be enjoyed year-round with these Easy Pumpkin Pancakes! My healthy pumpkin pancakes are like eating your favorite pumpkin roll cake for breakfast!
Pumpkin Pancakes – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
I was craving a pumpkin roll today but making one of those was more of a project than I wanted to undertake. I decided to take the same flavors of pumpkin plus cream cheese icing and make pumpkin pancakes instead.
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes
I make my pumpkin pancake batter right in the blender. Add the ingredients, turn it on, and then use the smooth creamy batter. It’s that easy!
Can I make these pumpkin pancakes into waffles?
Nope. Sorry. If you follow me on instagram you may have seen my initial attempt at making this a waffle. I got to use my favorite hashtag #nailedit with a little New Jersey sarcasm.
With a blender 2/3 full of batter I decided to give pancakes a try instead and they came out perfect. You need to keep them small so they cook through and flip without breaking but there is something special about a plate of silver dollar pancakes. Especially drizzled with icing.
Icing for Pumpkin Pancakes
I was halfway through making the pancakes when I realized I was out of cream cheese. My options were: drag four kids to the grocery store on a Saturday or make the icing with something else. I decided to trying making it with cottage cheese before I braved the supermarket. I actually really liked it! If you are out of cream cheese of just want to get in extra protein I encourage you to try the cottage cheese version.
Pumpkin Pancakes Ingredients
Cream Cheese Icing:
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender putting the liquid ingredients in first. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spray liberally with cooking spray. Drop tablespoons of dough onto the frying pan. I used a small cookie scoop for this. Cook well before flipping.
- To make the cottage cheese icing: Blend cottage cheese until smooth in a small food processor or rocket blended. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- To make the cream cheese icing: Combine the cream cheese and sweetener and mix well.
- Note: Larger pancakes may not cook through and may break when flipping.