Are you dreaming of something rich and chocolatey? Try these Keto Chocolate Muffins, and you will get a chocolate fix really quick. They are sweet, decadent, and are filled with chocolate chips to give you chocolate in every bite. You will find that these double chocolate muffins are gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, and keto-friendly too.
I go through phases where I am great at meal planning and prepping. When time allows, I enjoy planning out my meals and making foods in advance. These chocolate keto muffins are prime candidates for such events. Each batch of these heavenly muffins makes twelve, so you can easily add them to your meal plan for snacks and breakfast.
In addition to the simple recipe, they can be frozen to enjoy down the road. Just grab a muffin or two, thaw and enjoy! This is perfect when you need a quick pick-me-up type snack or have a sweet tooth that’s begging for a treat.
I probably don’t even need to tell you, but my kids will devour these muffins. The moist texture paired with the chocolate is satisfying to even the youngest of eaters. Try them yourself to see how tempting they are.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are made the same way a traditional muffins recipe is prepared, but the ingredients easily fit into my low carb diet. Let’s get started so you can sink your teeth into one of these warm, delicious low carb chocolate muffins.
First Step: Warm the oven to 350 degrees. Then combine both kinds of flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, salt, eggs, butter, almond milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Then carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
Second Step: Prepare a muffin tin with paper or add some cooking spray for 12 muffins. Use a large cookie scoop or measuring cup to divide the batter among the paper liners in the muffin pan.
Third Step: Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Can I Add Nuts To These Keto Chocolate Muffins?
Of course, you can add some nuts to these low carb chocolate muffins if you want. Walnuts, pecans, and almonds would all be great. Once you have the batter mixed up, fold in ¼ - ½ cup of the nuts of your choice to the batter.
Tips & Substitutions
Yes, if you want to add some mix-ins or subs to the muffins, feel free. Just keep in mind that if you add in more ingredients that it will change the texture, as well as the flavor and the nutritional information. Some of our favorite additions are:
- Banana Extract - Drizzle in some banana extract to give you a chocolate banana muffin flavor.
- Peanut Butter - I suggest swirling some in instead of completely mixing it.
- Coconut - Sprinkle some coconut into the batter or add it on top. If it is getting too dark in the oven simply cover the muffins with foil.
- Triple Chocolate - Add in some white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips to the batter or add a few extra semi-sweet chocolate chips on top to give you even more intense chocolate experience.
- Zucchini - You can easily hide some shredded zucchini in these low carb chocolate muffins. No one will ever know!
- Nut-Free - To make these nut-free use sunflower seed flour instead of the almond flour and carton coconut milk instead of the almond milk.
- Dairy-Free - The only dairy in these is butter so you can easily swap in refined coconut oil to make them dairy free.
Can I Make Mini Muffins?
Yes, you can turn these keto chocolate muffins into mini muffins without too much trouble. Prepare the keto double chocolate muffins as directed and add the batter to the mini muffin tin. They will make around 24 mini muffins. The baking time will need to be adjusted to more like 15-20 minutes. Check them with a toothpick to check for doneness.
Can You Make Keto Chocolate Muffins Ahead of Time?
Absolutely, you can make these muffins ahead of time. We love preparing, baking them, and storing them for whenever we get in the mood for a muffin. Perfect for meal prepping or planning ahead, so you always have something at arms reach when you need it.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Scoop 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
More Great Low Carb Muffin Recipes
I know I can never make too many muffins for my hungry household. Take a look at these muffin recipes for inspiration: