When life gives you lemons make Lemon Muffins. Grain-free, sugar-free, dairy free, low carb, Trim Healthy Mama S, Lemon Berry Muffins. These are so moist and flavorful you’ll never know they are so healthy. I love these for an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
Especially when life gives you lemons for 10 cents each at the farmer’s market. I bought many lemons that day. I do enjoy the Singing Canary drink from the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook. If you haven’t tried that one yet you should. I was hesitant at first because I thought blending the entire lemon would make the drink overly bitter but it doesn’t. It tastes like a gourmet version of lemonade. I use less turmeric than it calls for and my homemade gentle sweet for the sweetener. My favorite sugar free sweetener is my blend of erythritol, xylitol, and stevia. I have picky taste buds and don’t like those sweeteners separate but when they are mixed together the taste is similar to cane sugar.
Lemon Muffins with Berries – Low Carb, Grain Free, THM S
For the muffin batter:
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp lemon extract
6 oz unsweetened almond or coconut milk
For the topping:
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 tbsp coconut flour
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine melted coconut oil with coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, lemon extract, eggs, and almond milk. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine the berries with 1 tbsp coconut flour.
Divide batter between 12 lined muffin cups. Top with the berries.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned around the edges and feel firm when pressed with your finger. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sweetener.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp gentle sweet sweetener (or my version)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp lemon extract
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp gentle sweet
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine melted coconut oil with 1/2 cup coconut flour, 3 tbsp sweetener, baking powder, lemon extract, eggs, and dairy free milk. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the berries with 1 tbsp coconut flour.
- Divide batter between 12 lined muffin cups. Top with the berries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned around the edges and feel firm when pressed with your finger.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sweeter.
|Amount Per Muffin, 12 per recipe|
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%