I love Mexican food. If I had to pick one ethnic food to eat for the rest of my life Mexican would be among the top contenders. I also love Thai and Greek food so it would be a very hard decision. These mini chicken stuffed peppers are packed with good stuff. Chicken, cilantro, cheese, and spinach give them flavor and nutrients. They are perfect for an easy appetizer, party, or as a main course.
My garden this spring magically grew a huge cilantro plant. I’m calling it magic since I didn’t plant any seeds and they are supposed to be an annual. What I did so was kill a small cilantro plant last summer. As it was dying it must’ve dropped seeds because this year I was in cilantro heaven.
Unfortunately, that lovely plant went to seed already despite my efforts to stop it. I can only hope that next spring will be welcomed with another crop of cilantro.
Ingredients:2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tbsp cilantro pesto
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar
about 12 mini sweet peppers, halved and seeded
sour cream and cilantro, optional toppings
Preheat the oven to 400. Combine the mayo, sour cream, cilantro pesto, and garlic salt. Mix well. Stir in the chicken, baby spinach, and half the cheddar. Spoon into mini peppers. Top with the rest of the cheddar. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
These cute little Mini Chicken Stuffed Peppers are a fabulous party appetizer or lunch.
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp cilantro pesto recipe: http://joyfilledeats.com/cilantro-lime-pesto-dip-dressing-mayo/
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- about 12 mini sweet peppers halved and seeded
- sour cream and cilantro optional toppings
- Preheat the oven to 400. Combine the mayo, sour cream, cilantro pesto, and garlic salt. Mix well. Stir in the chicken, baby spinach, and half the cheddar. Spoon into mini peppers. Top with the rest of the cheddar. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving, 4 per recipe|
Total Fat 10.3g
Saturated Fat 5.6g
Total Carbohydrates 5.9g
Dietary Fiber 1.4g
Vitamin A 56%
Vitamin C 131%
Subscribe to email updates on the right of this page.