Baked keto chicken fajitas should be on your list of delicious recipes! It’s so easy to make keto chicken fajitas by baking them, and the flavor is great! This easy fajitas recipe not only tastes terrific but it is healthy too. This easy sheet pan fajita recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo, Whole30, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
You know that feeling when you go out to eat and someone orders sizzling chicken fajitas? That aroma hits you, and your mouth starts to water. That is what is going to happen when you are baking these homemade chicken fajitas. Your house will smell amazing, your stomach will be growling, and your tastebuds will begging you for a bite.
I love cooking chicken fajitas in the oven because it’s fuss-free. Clean up is entirely painless, and I feel like I have more time to do other things as they are cooking. Plus, when I’m in the mood to meal prep, I can cook them while I am making other recipes too. It’s a huge time saver!
How To Make Baked Chicken Fajitas
I don’t feel like you could find a much easier method for making chicken fajitas. And the flavor is beyond amazing. So it’s pretty much a no-brainer for me to cook this chicken dish often.
First Step: Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
Second Step: Mix the chicken, peppers, and onions with the seasonings and oil.
Third Step: Place all the ingredients on a large rimmed baking sheet and cook them for 35-40 minutes or until the veggies are soft and the chicken is done.
Seasoning for Fajitas
What Are Some Topping Ideas for Keto Chicken Fajitas?
There are lots of foods you can put on top of your keto chicken fajitas. Honestly, they are so delicious I could eat them plain without any toppings! However, I often serve them with a variety of foods to add to them so everyone can have their own custom meal. Here are some ideas of things to try:
- Cheese - If you tolerate dairy, cheese is always a great idea. Most people stick with traditional cheddar, but you could try other varieties like Pepper Jack.
- Guacamole - It’s not possible to ever have enough guacamole on top of fajitas!
- Salsa - Use your favorite salsa or make your own to add some pizzazz to your homemade fajitas.
- Sour Cream - A dollop of sour cream adds a yummy coolness to the dish that’s so good.
- Cilantro - Sprinkle on some cilantro to add some flavor and extra color.
If you are doing Whole30 or paleo just skip the cheese and sour cream!
Are Chicken Fajitas Healthy?
Yes, keto chicken fajitas are really healthy! You will get some great nutrients when you devour these amazing oven baked chicken fajitas. Potassium, niacin, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B, folate, and vitamin C are a few of the vitamins and minerals you get.
Do I Have To Use Chicken Thighs?
No, you don’t have to use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you don’t want to. You could go with chicken breast if you’d rather. Keep in mind if you decide to use chicken breast, I suggest cooking the onions and peppers for 15 minutes before adding the chicken. Make sure not to over bake the chicken, so it doesn’t get too dry.
I just prefer the chicken thighs because they are a moist and fattier cut of meat. It leads to a super juicy and flavorful dish that’s hard to beat. However, if you aren’t a fan of thighs, that is completely okay!
How Do You Cut Chicken For Fajitas?
You can cut the chicken however you like, but it’s best to cut it into thin strips. Try to cut the chicken into horizontal pieces that are no wider than ½ inch. They will be the perfect texture and thickness for your fajitas.
What Do You Eat The Keto Chicken Fajitas With?
You can eat these baked chicken fajitas in several ways. Try out new things to see how you like them best. Here are my favorite ways to eat them:
- Plain - Eat a chicken fajita bowl without any type of taco shell. It’s so good, and you don’t have to worry about one more step!
- Gluten-Free Tortilla - You can use a tortilla that is gluten and grain-free and low carb.
- Lettuce Wrapped - I love eating fajitas in a lettuce wrap. Just take a piece of lettuce, add the filling and fold it up like you would a burrito. It’s so amazing and a healthy option.
How Do You Store Baked Chicken Fajitas?
Chicken fajitas will last for 4-7 days in the fridge if they are kept in a sealed container. If you want to freeze them, it’s better if you prepare the fajitas but don’t actually bake them until the day you want them. Cooked peppers and onions tend to have a strange texture after they have cooked and been frozen.
Looking for some more delicious Mexican recipes? Try some of these:
- Chicken and Rice Mexican Soup
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Keto Chicken Fajita Crockpot
- Taco Zucchini Boats
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss all the ingredients together on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are roasted.
- Serve with your favorite fajita toppings!
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.