You’ve never had stuffed peppers this delicious! My Paleo Stuffed Peppers are filled with cauliflower rice, juicy ground beef, onions and seasoned perfectly. Not only are these whole30 stuffed peppers keto friendly, but they are also low carb, dairy-free, gluten-free, and grain-free too. So grab a fork and dig in!
If you ever find yourself in a recipe rut and don’t know what to make, I HIGHLY recommend these whole30 stuffed peppers. They give you an explosion of flavor, are super filling, and a great addition to your keto diet.
We go through phases where we eat the same things repeatedly, but I am always looking for something new and delicious. I will never turn my nose away from stuffed peppers and am always finding new ways to make them. Check out my Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers, White Lasagna Stuffed Peppers, and Mini Chicken Stuffed Peppers too!
What You'll Need
There is no way you can resist these peppers, especially when you find out that there are only eight ingredients needed. So simple!
- Bell Peppers - I love using green bell peppers for this recipe, but you could swap them for any color. Keep in mind other colors tend to have slightly more carbs.
- Ground Beef - Using ground beef makes the paleo stuffed peppers filling and satisfying. Plus, it’s loaded with protein and tastes great too.
- Cauliflower Rice - It adds the best texture to the peppers, and you won’t even miss traditional rice. You can make your own cauliflower rice or buy it frozen.
- Onions - Adding onions to the bell peppers is a must. Yum!
- Tomato Paste - You only need a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Marinara Sauce - Using marinara sauce that has no added sugar is important so make sure to read the ingredients. So delicious and flavorful.
- Salt & Pepper - Feel free to adjust how much salt and pepper you add based on what you like.
Other options would be to add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat, switch out the marina and tomato paste for salsa and add some fajita seasoning for a Mexican twist, or to add in some other vegetables such as shredded zucchini.
How To Make Paleo Stuffed Peppers
Most of the time spent on the whole30 stuffed peppers is waiting on them to cook. Don’t worry; it’s mostly hands-off, so you can relax while dinner cooks!
Step One: Heat the oven to 350 degrees and add the pepper halves to the casserole dish.
Step Two: Mix together the cauliflower rice, ground beef, onion, tomato paste, salt, and pepper together. Add to the pepper halves.
Step Three: Bake for 45 minutes or until the peppers have softened and the filling is done.
Step Four: Add marinara sauce on top and serve hot. Enjoy!
Expert Tip: I made this recipe dairy-free on purpose so that is is paleo and whole30 friendly but if you don't need dairy free stuffed peppers add a nice heap of shredded mozzarella to the top and then broil for 2-3 minutes until it is melted and golden!
Are Stuffed Peppers Healthy?
Yes! These stuffed bell peppers are super healthy. Not only will you get a punch of protein, but you’ll also get vitamin C, folate, iron, potassium, fiber, and vitamin A. This is a great meal idea that is healthy and also happens to taste great too.
Is It Okay To Add Cheese?
Sure! If you are ok with dairy-free and aren't doing whole30 go for it. Sprinkle your favorite cheese on top before baking. Mozzarella would be my first choice, but cheddar or any Italian cheese would be pretty incredible too.
How Long Do Paleo Stuffed Peppers Last?
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they store great in an airtight container. Keep them refrigerated until you are ready to reheat them. They will last 1-2 days in the fridge without going bad.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes, of course! It’s easy to double for meal prep. Follow the same directions, but you will need a couple of baking dishes, depending on how many you are making. They are a real crowd-pleaser, so serving them to a group is always a hit.
Is It Okay To Use Different Meat?
Certainly! Using ground beef tastes great, but if you see a good deal on other ground meat or just prefer the flavor, go ahead and make the switch. Ground chicken would be pretty tasty. I also like to use ground sausage and ground turkey from time to time too.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the pepper halves in a casserole dish.
- Combine the ground beef, cauliflower, onion, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Divide between the peppers.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is cooked and the peppers have softened.
- Top with the marinara sauce and serve.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.