These Taco Stuffed Peppers are a great way to make stuffed peppers. Dinner bakes on one baking sheet and the pepper rings cook faster than big stuffed peppers or meatloaf.
Taco Stuffed Peppers – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
I saw the pin for these Mini Meatloaf Pepper Rings on Pinterest a few months ago and have wanted to make my own version since then. My kids like meatloaf but they loooove tacos. I decided to make my stuffed pepper rings have a Mexican twist.
Make sure to save the tops and bottoms of the peppers for another recipe. You can toss them into a green salad or even make roasted red pepper soup.
For taco seasoning, I just use the cheap $1 bottles of spices found in many grocery stores. You need onion powder, garlic powder, minced dried garlic, minced dried onion, paprika, cumin, chili powder, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
Taco Stuffed Peppers are great! Dinner bakes on one baking sheet and the rings cook faster than big stuffed peppers or meatloaf. Low Carb Gluten Free THM S.
- 5 sweet bell peppers cut into 1 inch thick rings
- 1.5 lb ground turkey
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 2 oz monterey jack cheese cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and put the pepper rings on top.
- Combine all the other ingredients. Divide the meat between the pepper rings.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and/or salsa.