This fluffy Keto Cinnamon Mug Cake will leave you longing for another bite of its incredible flavors. You can whip up one of these easy personalized mug cakes in less than five minutes. They are delicious when topped with ice cream or whipped cream and have a fantastic cinnamon flavor. You can enjoy these single-serving mug cakes and feel good because they are gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, low carb, and keto friendly.
Sometimes (or, to be honest, all the time) in the evening after dinner, I will get in the mood for something sweet. This keto cinnamon mug cake recipe is one of my favorite easy low carb recipes. It only requires a few basic ingredients, and the results are just as good as if I made an entire full-sized cake. It doesn't taste like diet food and the best part is I don’t even have to share it with the kids or my husband!
If my kids do happen to be awake when I make the mug cake, I will let them join in the on the fun. They are more than thrilled to add ingredients to their mugs and eat them without complaint. They enjoy that extra special treat that they made by themselves that is healthy. It’s a win all around!
Mug Cake Ingredients
You will only need ten ingredients to make this mug cake and your probably have them all already. Take a look at what you are going to need to get started:
- Vanilla - A little dash of vanilla gives the perfect flavor. You can also substitute it for almond extract if you wanted.
- Yogurt - I almost always add yogurt or sour cream to mug cakes because they give the ideal texture and moisture to the cakes.
- Coconut Oil - Use refined coconut oil that has been melted, and it will be insanely yummy.
- Egg - Using egg is the best binder for mug cake recipes.
- Cinnamon - The real star of the show is the cinnamon, and it’s incredible.
- Sweetener - Using a bit of sugar-free sweetener will keep the flavor similar to traditional cakes.
- Coconut & Almond Flour - I prefer to use both types of flour in this mug cake recipe because it yields the best results.
- Salt - Use just a little bit of salt to enhance the flavors. Just don’t go overboard or it will be too salty.
- Baking Powder - Using baking powder allows the mug cake to rise properly.
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Mug Cake
My super simple mug cakes can be made in under five minutes. Really they can be made in under three minutes if you have ingredients readily available in your kitchen and you don't have to dig through your cabinets.
First Step: Combine all the ingredients in a mug.
Second Step: Mix well.
Expert Tip: If your butter is cold just put that in the mug first, by itself, and microwave for 5-10 seconds. That will soften the butter so you can mix it into the other ingredients.
Third Step: Place the mug in the microwave and cook the cake for 90 seconds.
There is nothing else to do! Can you believe it’s that simple to make? This is why it’s one of my favorite treats because there is nothing to preparing it.
Optional Keto Cinnamon Mug Cake Toppings
Naturally, you can eat the keto mug cake without any adding toppings at all. However, we more often than not add a little bit of extra stuff to make them even more fun. Here are a few of our ideas that have worked perfectly:
- Ice Cream - There is nothing more amazing than some melty ice cream on top of these hot mug cakes. My favorites are my Cannoli Ice Cream, Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, and Maple Ice Cream because they taste soo good with the cinnamon.
- Fruit - Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are wonderful on top of these low carb cinnamon mug cakes. They give you some natural sweetness and add a vibrant color.
- Chocolate Chips - Sprinkle a few sugar-free chocolate chips on top of the mug cake right after they come out of the microwave. They taste even better when they melt just a tiny bit.
- Cream Cheese Frosting - Mix up a little bit of my keto cream cheese frosting and spread it on top. It makes this taste just like a low carb keto cinnamon roll! When I want low carb cinnamon rolls and don't have time to make them this is a great choice.
- Nuts - Add a few pecans, walnuts, or almonds on top of the cakes. I love that the nuts give a nice crunch to every bite. My ultimate indulgence is having this with fresh whipped cream and glazed pecans.
Mug Cake Substitutions
- Dairy-Free - Swap out the butter for coconut oil and the yogurt for coconut cream to make this dairy-free. It comes out just as good!
- Pumpkin Spice - If you are a pumpkin spice fan use that in place of the cinnamon.
- Nut-Free - You can use sunflower seed flour in place of the almond flour.
- 1 tablespoon butter very soft
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- tiny pinch salt
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large mug.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
If you want to have a variety of keto mug cake recipes on hand, you should really check these out because they are incredible:
- Keto Peanut Butter Cake - Perfect for the peanut butter lovers out there!
- Cannoli Mug Cake - This mug cake recipe is one of my ultimate favorites because they taste like they were made in a bakery.
- Keto Mug Brownie - If you consider yourself a chocoholic, then be sure to add these fudgy brownies to your list of things to try.
- Keto Vanilla Mug Cake - Tender and excellent flavor that can easily be topped with all sorts of goodies.
- Flourless Mug Cake - Rich, gooey chocolate without any almond flour needed!