In the mood for something amazing? Try out this Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake recipe. It can be made in just a couple of minutes, and it’s perfect for curing that sweet tooth. Soft, delicious cake with an incredible texture and peanut butter flavor is just moments away! You don’t have to worry about it because it’s also gluten-free, grain-free, and low carb too.
We all have our weaknesses when it comes to dessert, and while I have a few, mug cakes are quickly becoming a major one. The flavors are so scrumptious, and there are so many varieties you can make. Not to mention the fact that you never have to even heat up the kitchen by running the oven. Plus, there are hardly any dishes to clean up, and you can be nibbling on it in no time.
There are days when I feel like I could eat a full-size cake all by myself! But I know that it’s never a good idea to do something so crazy. So, if I make this satisfying keto peanut butter mug cake, I can enjoy a treat without over-indulging. Eating the entire cake isn’t as big of a deal when it’s a single serving.
How To Make a Keto Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug
Just like most mug cakes, you are simply going to combine some ingredients, warm it up, and dig in! It’s truly as easy as you can get, but the result is heavenly!
First Step: Using a large mug, combine the butter, sweetener, peanut flour, coconut flour, egg yolk, sour cream, baking powder, vanilla, and a tiny pinch of salt. Once it’s mixed well, put it in the microwave for 1 minute.
That’s it, and now you have a perfect single-serving dessert to enjoy.
Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake Variations And Ideas
Many evenings you will find me happily munching on this low carb peanut butter mug cake recipe without a care in the world. I typically make it how I have written it in the recipe, but sometimes I get a craving to add in something a bit extra. Try out some of these ideas to see what you like best:
- Peanut Butter – After your cake has cooked in the microwave, drizzle a little bit of sugar-free peanut butter on top. It adds to the already amazing peanut butter flavor and looks lovely too.
- Chocolate Chips – Adding some chocolate makes everything a little better right? Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of sugar-free chocolate chips before cooking or set a few on top after. Either way, some warm chocolate chips are divine.
- Melted Chocolate – Just like adding chocolate chips, I will sometimes drizzle some melted sugar-free chocolate on top. It’s lovely when you do the chocolate and peanut butter. You don’t need a lot, but it sure tastes great and makes them look even prettier.
- Sugar-Free Whipped Cream – The coolness of the whipped cream, paired with the warm mug cake is out of this world! You have to try it to understand how incredible it is.
- Ice Cream – Cake and ice cream are a perfect match, so it makes sense to have a little bit with your warm, melty mug cake. Yum!
Can I add frosting?
Of course! This has a mild peanut butter flavor on its own so to really kick that up a notch try some Peanut Butter Frosting. Other great choices are Keto Cream Cheese Frosting, Buttercream Icing, or Keto Chocolate Frosting.
Can I Save Leftovers?
Yes, if you only craved a taste and didn’t need the entire keto peanut butter mug cake, you can save it for later. Wrap it up, so it’s airtight and place the mug cake in the refrigerator. Then when you are ready to eat it, you can either warm it up or enjoy it cold. I think it tastes best cold or just warmed, so I just put it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. It heats up fast, so don’t let it warm up for too long.
- Stir together all the ingredients in a large mug. Microwave for 1 minute.
Mug cakes are the perfect size when you are in the mood for a sweet treat. If you enjoy this keto cake in a mug, take a look at these too.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!