A rich chocolate cake topped with a light and fluffy cannoli icing. Perfection in a mug. Specifically, a Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cannoli Mug Cake.
My love of cannoli goes back over 20 years. My best friend and I used to splurge and get them from the bakery closest to her house and then walk the mile back waiting in anticipation to dig in.
For my birthdays I always asked for cannoli cake. The only thing cannoli about it was the filling and the mini cannoli stuck on top but it was my favorite anyway.
When I made Whipped Cannoli Mousse last week I knew I wanted to try it as a cake icing. I didn't have enough left to ice an entire cake but I had plenty for a mug cake.
I ate this whole thing for lunch. It was awesome. But it was very filling. If you are planning on having it for dessert after a meal it is shareable.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cannoli Mug Cake - Low Carb, Sugar Free, Grain Free, THM S
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp coconut flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp Gentle Sweet
2 tbsp half and half
1 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
In a large mug mix all the cake ingredients. Microwave for 2 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes. Top with Whipped Cannoli Mousse.
I know it's hard to wait but you can to let it cool a bit or the mousse will melt. Trust me on that.
Love Mug Cakes? Check these out:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ cup Whipped Cannoli Mousse
- In a large mug mix all the cake ingredients. Microwave for 2 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes. Top with Whipped Cannoli Mousse.
- I know it's hard to wait but you can to let it cool a bit or the mousse will melt. Trust me on that.