This easy keto pumpkin cheesecake recipe comes together in minutes in your food processor or blender. With less than 10 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time, you can have a delicious fall dessert. This low carb pumpkin cheesecake recipe is also gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Cheesecake is one of the easiest desserts to transform to a low carb, gluten-free, keto, or Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. Win over your friends and family this fall with my easy Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe.
The first time I ever did an official diet was about 9 months into being married. My husband and I had settled into married life and each put on a few pounds enjoying life. We decided to do the South Beach Diet together. We bought the book and dove in.
One of my favorite desserts on that plan was the mini sweetened ricotta cheese desserts. They taste like cheesecake. That was one of the easiest ways to satisfy my sweet tooth and not feel like I was missing out. Over the years I modified those into true cheesecakes and have a handful of amazing cheesecakes in my repertoire. Some of my favorites are my mini breakfast cheesecakes. I use a hearty amount of cottage cheese to boost the protein and make them suitable for breakfast. I adapted my mini pumpkin breakfast cheesecake into this recipe.
Ingredients in Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake
- sugar-free sweetener <—- see my special blend!
- cream cheese
- cottage cheese
- heavy cream, optional
How to make Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
I’ve made dozens of cheesecake recipes before I started making my own up. I’ve done water baths, instant pot cheesecakes, and used a variety of ingredients. Over the years I’ve come up with an easy method that works for me every time.
First Step: Make the crust in the food processor. Press into the bottom of a springform pan.
Second Step: Make the filling in the food processor without washing it. A few specks of chopped nuts in the filling won’t make a difference. Go easy and save yourself the trouble of washing the bowl.
Third Step: Just wrap the springform in foil and skip the water bath. Testing cheesecakes with and without a water bath I haven’t noticed a difference. They are delicious and creamy either way. Skip the trouble and possibility of a soggy crust.
How to Fix a Cracked Cheesecake
It happens. Don’t fret. A cracked cheesecake is the best excuse to make a pile of whipped cream and slather it on top.
I’ve heard a rumor that to avoid the cheesecake cracking don’t open the oven. I’ve never been able to try that. I have to peek. And jiggle my cheesecakes to see if they set. So sometimes they crack. And then I either top with whipped cream or a sour cream topping and no one ever notices.
Pecan Crust for Cheesecake
My favorite healthy crust for keto pumpkin cheesecake is a nut crust. It is quick and simple to chop nuts in a food processor with some butter and sweetener and use that for a crust.
You can sub in another nut if you prefer but pecans pair really well with pumpkin.
More Keto Pumpkin Recipes:
I hope you enjoy your fall with this Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake!
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cover the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with foil to prevent any leaks.
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pulse until the nuts are finely chopped. Press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same food processor or blender bowl (no need to wash) pulse the cream cheese and cottage cheese until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the prepared crust. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center only jiggles slightly. Cool until room temperature. Refrigerate to chill for at least 3-4 hours.
- Whip cream until peaks form. Mix in sweetener, if using. Spread on the cooled cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator.
Originally Published September 16, 2018. Revised and Republished November 17, 2019.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!