With layers of a brownie batter flavored base, luscious chocolate cheesecake, and a topping of chocolate ganache this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe is any chocolate lovers dream.
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, THM S
When I saw a video for a no-bake brownie batter cheesecake floating around on Facebook I knew it would be the perfect partner to my no-bake cookie dough cheesecake! Brownie batter is just as good to eat from the bowl as cookie dough is. I had to give it a try as a cheesecake too.
Using Gelatin in No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Over the years I’ve finally mastered the art of using gelatin in cheesecake. At first, I was afraid to add the hot water to melt the gelatin. Truth. I thought it would water down the cheesecake. So I’d add less water, hot dissolve the gelatin properly, and end up with clumpy cheesecake.
How to Make Cheesecake in the Food Processor
Then I tried just adding the powdered gelatin. This works well for a soft set cheesecake. But if you want a nice firm no-bake cheesecake you need gelatin. And you have to dissolve it. Go ahead and add the hot water. It will be ok. You need it.
When I starting working on this recipe I used my low carb brownies as a beginning point. I left out the eggs and worked on making the batter into more of a crust texture without losing that brownie taste. I think I did a pretty good job!
Next up was making the no bake chocolate cheesecake filling chocolaty without being bitter. I decided to add a pinch of baking soda and that did the trick!
Perfect Chocolate Ganache No Bake Cheesecake Topping
My tip for ganache is just to mix, mix, and mix some more. As you mix it thickens and gets glossy. You are looking for a smooth, thick, glossy texture. Sometimes I make ganache with unsweetened chocolate, sweetener, and cream but this time I kept it simple and just used sugar-free chocolate chips.
I hope you enjoy this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe!
- 3/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 4 oz heavy cream
- Pulse the ingredients for the brownie batter crust in a food processor until large crumbs form. Press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Put the cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add the hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients to the food processor. Process until smooth. Add the softened gelatin. Pulse until smooth. Pour on top of the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before adding the ganache.
- Heat the cream to just before the boiling point. Pour over the chocolate. Stir until it is smooth. Pour over the chilled cheesecake and spread to cover the top.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm enough to unmold.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.