This Creamy Keto Cauliflower Soup Recipe tastes rich and creamy but is low carb and lower in fat than most cream based soups. This easy soup recipe is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I am a long time fan of The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Her Cauliflower Soup has been in our fall and winter dinner rotation for years. If you search "Cauliflower Soup" on google her result is #1. That is how good it is.
Now that I'm doing Trim Healthy Mama I needed an on plan substitute. I spent a few hours the other day tweaking Ree's recipe to make my Keto Cauliflower Soup Recipe compatible with THM.
I swapped out a few ingredients, reduced or increased a few others, and made a delicious soup. This will definitely make another appearance before warm weather arrives again.
This creamy cauliflower soup recipe makes a HUGE pot of soup. It made 6-7 quarts. It freezes well so I love having some on hand for easy lunches or dinners. My husband likes it and a couple of the kids like it too. I wish they all liked it but kids. I have a soup problem. It is impossible for me to make a small pot of soup. A small pot of soup is still at least 4 quarts.
That is fine when the soup comes out well but once or twice I've ended up with a big pot of soup we just didn't like. Then I freeze the soup because I feel guilty dumping it. And then I find it in the bottom of the deep freeze a year later and it's freezer burned and I finally throw it away.
When Emile Henry sent me a few of their beautiful products I couldn't wait to try them out. I love the Flame Top Round Dutch Oven. I have an inexpensive smaller cast iron dutch oven that is so heavy I hate to use it because I need to lug it back and forth to the sink to wash. This pot is larger but weighs only ⅔ what my enamel pot weighs. Here is a little bit about Emile Henry from their website:
"Founded in 1850, and located in Marcigny, a small town in the province of Burgundy, France, Emile Henry has established a worldwide reputation for manufacturing the finest quality ceramic ovenware, gourmet cooking products, and bakeware products. Still owned and operated by the Henry family, the company today manufactures all of their new cooking products from Burgundy clay using their proprietary High Resistance Oven Ceramic state-of-the-art manufacturing process.
- Burgundy clay evenly and slowly diffuses cooking heat to the very center of the cooking dish. Food is cooked evenly, which brings out the flavors and aromas. Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties which keep food hot and more flavorsome whenresting on the dining table or on a kitchen sideboard.
- All Emile Henry products are direct freezer-to-oven. They exhibit extraordinary thermal shock properties. They go under the broiler and in the microwave.
- Emile Henry products do not chip or crack easily. One can cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the product.
- The surfaces do not trap and hold baked on or burnt food. Cleaning is remarkably easy. All Emile Henry products can go in the dishwasher.
- There is no lead or cadmium in our products, all of the glazes meet California Prop 65, and all of the products are 100% food safe. Offered in a large variety of colors, the glazes will not craze, discolor or fade over time.
All Emile Henry products carry a limited household ten (10) year warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship."
I have owned several Emile Henry pieces for about 10 years and they still look new. You've seen them on my blog without even realizing it. They are beautiful and practical. These are investment pieces that can last your lifetime. You can see some other Emile Henry bakeware in my Zucchini Gratin post, my Chicken Fajita Casserole post, and my Cream Cheese Egg Bake.
You can also shop for Emile Henry on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2clAb8y
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 2 heads of cauliflower chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 quart unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp glucomannan optional (helps with thickening)
- Heat the butter and coconut oil over medium. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and saute until softened. Add the cauliflower and parsley. Turn the heat to very low and cover the pot. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the stock and turn the heat up to medium high. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Add the almond milk, cottage cheese, and salt. Puree with an immersion blender or by carefully transferring some of the cauliflower and liquid to a blender. Always vent the lid and use caution blending hot liquids. Return the puree to the pot (if using a blender).
- Stir in the heavy cream. Sprinkle on the gluccomannan, if using, and stir until dissolved.
Note for my Trim Healthy Mama readers. This creamy cauliflower soup recipe is barely in the S category. You could have a smaller portion with a side salad for a Fuel Pull! Or leave out the heavy cream and have a regular 12 oz portion for a FP.
More low carb soup recipes:
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.