Nothing is more delicious or comforting than this Keto Cinnamon Bread. Plus, it’s really easy to make and is the perfect breakfast. One thing is for sure; this is a low carb cinnamon bread recipe you are going to want to try. It’s also gluten free and grain free too.
If you grew up eating cinnamon swirl bread and have been on the hunt to find something as tasty without the carbs, you are in luck! Cinnamon keto bread is sweet, but it’s not sweetened with refined sugar like most sweetbreads. While it's not as sweet as a cinnamon roll it has a mildly sweet flavor that is perfect for a snack or tea.
I can almost guarantee if you put this low carb keto cinnamon bread out in front of people with some pats of butter, it’s going to be devoured. I haven’t met anyone that can resist a slice of this moist bread.
What You’ll Need
With just 10 ingredients needed, you can make this cinnamon sweet bread recipe all the time. Let’s look at what you will need.
- Cream Cheese - Using cream cheese keeps the keto bread super moist and delicious.
- Butter - Be sure to use softened butter before you start.
- Sweetener - Using my blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia for the bread and swirl is the perfect combination and sweetness.
- Eggs - it’s not required, but when baking, the results are better when using room temperature eggs and other ingredients.
- Heavy Cream - Another ingredient that helps keep the bread moist and adds extra good fats too. However, almond milk can work in a pinch.
- Almond Flour - Almond flour on its own can be a bit heavy. That is why I like to use it in combination with coconut flour.
- Coconut Flour - And coconut flour on its own can be a bit dry. Using it in conjunction with almond is a nice balance.
- Baking Powder - This helps create a nice quick bread when you aren't using yeast to help it rise.
- Vanilla - A little bit of vanilla helps enhance the flavors. You could also use almond extract if you are in the mood for that too.
- Cinnamon - You will need the cinnamon for the bread itself as well as the swirl.
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Bread
I can’t wait for you to sink your teeth into that first bite of cinnamon bread. The steps are so easy to follow!
Step One: Heat the oven to 350 degrees and add parchment paper to a loaf pan
Step Two: Add the cream cheese, butter, and sweetener to a food processor. Pulse the mixture until it’s smooth. Then add the eggs, heavy cream, baking powder, vanilla, and two teaspoons of cinnamon. Continue to pulse until it’s combined well.
Step Three: Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Keep in mind the batter is going to be thick
Step Four: Making the filling by mixing together the sweetener and cinnamon together. Take a knife and run it through the bread batter to create grooves. Then add in the cinnamon mixture and carefully pat it on top using your fingers.
Step Five: Bake the keto cinnamon bread for 60-75 minutes or until the edges have turned a deep golden color and it’s firm when pressed with your fingers
NOTE: If needed, cover the bread once it’s been cooking for 45 minutes if it’s browning too quickly
Step Six: Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then take a knife and run it along the edges. Carefully lift the parchment paper and remove it from the pan. Let it cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
How Do You Eat Cinnamon Swirl Bread?
You can eat a slice of bread with some butter. Or you can toast it and add some cream cheese or butter. Another great way to enjoy the bread is to use it to make some french toast. You can even use this in my keto french toast casserole. No matter how you eat it, it’s insanely good.
How Do You Store Keto Cinnamon Bread?
To keep the low carb bread at it’s freshest, keep it in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. It will be fine to be kept at room temperature, but it tends to go stale a little faster. It will typically last between 3-4 days no matter where you store it. It’s important not to put it in direct sunlight or near any heat sources.
Is it Okay To Add Nuts?
Sure, nuts are a great addition to the gluten free keto cinnamon bread. Add ¼ cup of your favorite chopped nuts. Pecans or walnuts are pretty yummy in this bread. Any nut will work, though
Additionally, you can also add sugar free chocolate chips or dried cranberries as well. I just recommend keeping it around ¼ - ½ cup of added ingredients. This will allow it to cook properly without having too much extra stuff.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 tablespoon butter softened
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and sweetener in the food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the eggs, cream, flours, baking powder, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. The batter will be thick.
- Stir together the sweetener and cinnamon for the filling. Use a knife to create grooves in the batter and sprinkle the cinnamon sweetener into the grooves. Pat the top of the bread flat with your fingers.
- Bake for 60-75 min or until the center feels firm when lightly pressed and the edges are deep golden brown. (Check at 45 minutes and cover with foil if getting too brown).
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edges and then lift the parchment to remove it from the pan. Cool completely.