Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. These have a thick gooey, fudge brownie underneath a layer of raw cookie dough. They are rich and indulgent. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I am so excited about this recipe. I was naughty and had a regular cookie dough brownie at a function at my kids' school recently. Having a lack of willpower around baked goods is one of my pregnancy downfalls. I don't even know where the other mom got the original recipe but this is my own low carb version of her creation. Now I can indulge in this delicious combination guilt free.
I have to admit I overcooked a batch of box mix brownies the other day. My girls were making a dessert to bring to a friend's house for dinner while we were all trying to get ready for church. I checked them, raced upstairs to get changed, and promptly forgot about them. By the time the chocolate smell was wafting up the stairs, they were no longer fudgy or gooey. The kids didn't mind but I was a bit disappointed. I'm a food blogger and sometimes I can't even make boxed brownies.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
- Mix up the brownie batter in a bowl with a wooden spoon
- Bake the brownie batter
- Make the raw cookie dough
- Spread the cookie dough on the cooled brownies
- Eat and sigh with happiness!
Raw Cookie Dough
I really had to restrain myself from just eating this cookie dough with a spoon. If you want to eat some go ahead and make a double batch so you have some for the cookie dough brownies and some just to eat! It is egg free so it is fine for snacking. If you love raw cookie dough as much as I do make sure to try my No-Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake.
One Bowl Brownies
Once the brownies have cooled you just press the cookie dough on top. This could even be a one-bowl recipe if you don't mix up the brownies and cookie dough at the same time as I did.
Kids in the Kitchen
This is a great recipe to get the kids involved with. Mine love to help in the kitchen. The younger kids stir while the big kids measure out the ingredients. They all lick the batter. The trick is to use enough spoons so everyone gets their own to lick. That is one of the joys of being a child. Or an adult. I still love stealing a few tastes of brownie batter and sneaking a few chocolate chips right from the bag.
How many Cookie Dough Brownies does this make?
I cut these cookie dough brownies into 16 pieces and I couldn't even eat a whole one. They are one of those desserts that are so filling you only need a small piece to be satisfied.
I hope you enjoy these fabulous, indulgent, healthy brownies!
- 4 oz dark 85% or unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup of butter 1.5 sticks
- ¾ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend OR 2 tablespoon each coconut flour, almond flour, & golden flax meal
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish liberally with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. Add the next four ingredients and stir until smooth. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35 min until no longer jiggly. Cool completely.
- To make the cookie dough stir together all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spead on top of the cooled brownies.