This Single Serve Cookie is perfect for anyone who just needs a sweet treat to get them through the day. Why bake a whole batch of cookies when you can easily make yourself just one? With just 6 easy ingredients and 3 minutes of time needed, you'll be enjoying a homemade, low carb keto, gluten-free, microwave sugar cookie in no time at all.
I'm pretty much obsessed with this simple cookie recipe. I always feel so much guilt when I bake cookies and eat five in one sitting so I love that this recipe helps with moderation. Eating just one cookie is no longer a worry since this simple cookie recipe cooks up the perfect treat for one!
This has also been a top request from my readers. Many people have been asking me for single-serving recipes for keto desserts since my Keto Cheesecake Fluff has become so popular.
The other major plus to this easy single serve cookie recipe is that you don't even have to warm up your oven. Mixing the ingredients and popping them in the microwave is literally all you have to do! If you'd rather bake the dough than make a microwave sugar cookie that is fine too.
Once you mix the simple ingredients listed below you're literally seconds away from home a warm and delicious cookie that you don't have to share.
- Salted butter - If you don't have salted butter, you can use unsalted but add in a small pinch of salt. (very small)
- Almond flour - Make certain to use finely ground blanched flour.
- Coconut flour - This adds a sweetness to the recipe that you'll love.
- Joy Filled Eats Sweetener - My own personal sweetener that works great for many types of recipes.
- Gelatin - Gives the cookies a firm texture without causing them to dry out. Using egg can make cookies made with almond flour cakey instead of chewy or crisp.
- Vanilla - Don't skip - this is an important flavoring for the cookie.
How To Make A Single Serve Cookie
Making a cookie for yourself is so simple and easy to do. With this microwave sugar cookie recipe, you'll never have to worry about binging and busting your diet every again.
Step One: If you are baking, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Step Two: Stir together all the ingredients.
Mix until it becomes a moist texture that will hold together easily. You can easily mash and mix with a fork.
Step Three: Form into a ball and put on a microwave-safe plate lined with parchment paper. Press down and flatten to make the cookie shape.
Step Four: Put in the microwave for 45-60 seconds or bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven.
Tada. That is is if you'd like a microwave sugar cookie.
More Microwave Cookie Options
As you can see, there are different add-ins and toppings that can have you creating all different types of cookies.
How do I know when a cookie is done baking?
Your biggest clue is going to be the color of the cookie. Pay close attention to the top of the cookie as well as the edges. Once you start to notice them turning golden-brown, the cookie is done and is ready to start the cooling process.
However, the microwave begins to cook the center first. So when you are microwaving the cookie look closely at the center and you will see the center beginning to change color first. Stop cooking it at this point or it may burn in the middle.
Can you make cookie dough ahead of time?
You can but for this recipe, you just need about 2 minutes of time to make and cook. Since it's such a small recipe and only makes one cookie, I always just whip it up when I'm ready to eat my cookie right then and there.
Microwave vs Toaster Oven vs Regular Oven
The great thing about this cookie recipe is that you have options on how to cook it. I'm too impatient some days to cook this in the toaster oven but you have options on what you prefer!
Cooking cookies in the toaster oven is a great way to give them a crisp outer layer with a warm and gooey middle. If you decide to cook your cookie in the microwave, it's going to have a softer texture with the familiar flavor that you're looking for.
Since the microwave takes 1 minute of time and the toaster oven takes up to 10 minutes to bake, you just have to decide how patient you're willing to be!
Don't forget to have fun with your sugar cookie! You can easily add in other ingredients to make a chocolate chip cookie, loaded kitchen sink type cookie, and then a different flavor of cookie each time you make it.
Some simple mix-in ideas are:
- Extracts - maple extract, lemon extract, almond extract, butter extract, coffee extract, or any other flavor you have is fine.
- Spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, apple pie spice, cardamom, ginger, etc.
- Zests - try mixing in some zest from a lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit.
- Nuts - pecans, sliced or slivered almonds, peanuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts, or even sunflower seeds.
- Freeze Dried Berries - raspberries, strawberries, blueberries are all delicious.
- Dried Cranberries - I make my own sugar-free dried cranberries.
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks - milk, semisweet, dark, white, peanut butter, any sugar-free chocolate chips you like are great in this keto cookie recipe.
- Coconut - I added toasted coconut flakes in one of the cookies you can see in my photos.
Where can I buy Keto Chocolate Chips?
I buy my chocolate chips from ChocZero most of the time. They have many flavors and varieties, offer free shipping over $35, ship with ice packs in hot months, and give 10% off with my affiliate code "joyfilledeats".
Can you make more than one cookie with this recipe?
The recipe as written below is just the right amount for one cookie. However, all you have to do is double or triple the ingredients to make a couple of extras! Click on the number 1 next to 'Servings' and adjust it to the number of cookies you would like to make.
This is literally the perfect cookie for one. The next time that you're craving something sweet, grab the easy ingredients listed below and treat yourself. This is one cookie that you don't have to share!
- 1 tablespoon cold salted butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ¼ teaspoon gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat toaster oven to 350, if baking.
- Stir together all the ingredients.
- Form into a ball and put on a parchment-lined microwave safe plate or baking sheet. Press down with your fingers to make a cookie shape.
- Microwave for 30-60 seconds. Or bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.