This Keto Pasta Recipe proves that you can eat noodles on the keto diet! These low-carb noodles are delicious and simple to make, even if it's your first time! Don't miss out on this delicious recipe for keto pasta noodles - it's made with simple ingredients!
Keto pasta noodles are a lifesaver - I swear. When you're tired of eating zucchini noodles and are just craving the texture and feel of regular pasta, this is where this recipe for keto noodles is the best. It's one of those keto recipes that is simple to make and really will remind you of traditional pasta. Anyone who is on a low carb diet will love enjoying a bowl full of this low-carb pasta. Pair with your favorite pasta sauce, and enjoy!
This is a great way to get an easy meal that fits in with your keto lifestyle. The thin strips of noodles would pair really well with a yummy keto Alfredo sauce or even some sauteed veggies, too! If you've always wanted to make your own pasta, or don't like the normal subs like shirataki noodles, this is a recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Be sure to check out my favorite tomato sauce recipe, aka Keto Marinara Sauce, for a fun recipe that could be a great pairing with this dish.
Hot water - This is needed to help melt the gelatin and cheese and form the noodle base.
Plain gelatin - Be sure that you don't use any type of flavored gelatin for this recipe.
Shredded mozzarella cheese - Gives the noodles a salty taste and flavor.
Garlic powder - For flavor. A good alternative would be onion powder.
Italian seasoning - For flavor. Make sure to use one you enjoy. I don't like all the store bought blends personally.
Salt and pepper - To taste. Make sure not to use too much salt or black pepper if you will be serving these with a flavorful sauce.
How to make this Keto Pasta Recipe
Step One: Add the hot water into a small pan over medium heat.
Step Two: Once the water starts to simmer, add the gelatin and whisk the whole time until the gelatin dissolved. This will take a few minutes.
Step Three: Once the gelatin is dissolved, add the mozzarella cheese and stir constantly until it is melted.
Step Four: Whisk in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Step Five: Remove the pan from the heat and pour it onto a pan lined with parchment paper.
Step Six: Spread the mixture into an even layer and let it set for about 30 minutes.
Step Seven: Once the time has passed, you should be able to peel the mixture off the parchment paper. If this is the consistency, it’s time to form the noodles. You don't need to use a rolling pin to roll out a dough. You just need to pour the mixture.
Step Eight: Cut the edges with a pizza cutter to get clean lines.
Step Nine: Use a pizza cutter to cut vertical thin strands of noodles They will be able the same wide as fettuccine noodles.
Step Ten: Once they are cut, you can eat them. You cannot heat these noodles up so it’s best to eat them right away at room temperature.
You can't really do a ton of variations to this recipe, but you can change the flavor easily by pairing it with your favorite sauces. You can also add parmesan cheese on top of this low carb pasta recipe for a fun flavor.
Another thing you can do it switch out the dried herbs used in the keto pasta noodles. Try it with herbes de Provence, lemon pepper, or a favorite spice blend.
How do I reheat these low carb noodles?
You actually can't reheat them. Once they're made, they're made and eaten that way. Just store any leftovers in an airtight container. You can use them as a leftover comfort food dish to eat cold and add in some fresh cherry tomatoes, or add this keto homemade pasta to a salad recipe for a burst of flavor.
Do these taste like regular noodles?
These low carb keto pasta noodles will have a similar texture as real pasta, but the flavor will be different. It's one of the best keto noodles recipes out there that doesn't involve a spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, or a vegetable peeler.
Once you realize that you can make keto noodles this good in this short amount of time with these few ingredients, you're going to be hooked on this crazy-good recipe. It's all the noodles without any of the guilt.
Can I freeze this homemade keto pasta for later?
This recipe really is best eaten fresh. If you have any leftovers, make a plan to eat within 1-2 days of making it. You will need to get them chilled as you can't reheat these noodles. I don't recommend freezing them just because it may change the consistency and texture.
Want an amazing meal? Sub these in this Burrata Pasta recipe.
- Place the hot water into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the water comes to a low simmer, add in the gelatin whisking constantly until completely dissolved. This can take a few minutes. Be sure to use only plain unflavored gelatin. This is generally found in the baking aisle along the regular flavored gelatin, but sometimes on a higher or lower shelf. One box usually contains 4 packets with 1 tablespoon of powder each. You will need 4 tablespoon total for this recipe.
- Once the gelatin is dissolved in the water, add in the mozzarella cheese and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and pour it out onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture into a thin even layer, and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- After the allotted time, you should be able to peel the mixture up off the parchment paper. When it has reached this consistency, it is time to form the noodles.
- Cut the edges of the mixture with a pizza cutter to get a rectangle shape with clean lines.
- Use the cookie cutter to vertically cut thin strands of fettuccine type noodles.
- Once the noodles are cut, they are ready to eat as is. It is important to note that you cannot heat these noodles up, so it is best to use them immediately at room temperature or later in a cold pasta salad. You can add warm sauces to the noodles, but because of the gelatin in them, if much heat is applied, they will lose their texture. They are wonderful tossed with some warm butter and parmesan cheese!