If you are like me and love teeny tiny one bite desserts these will be right up your alley. My Mini Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are bursting with flavor in each little cookie.
Mini Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting – Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Low Carb, Keto, THM S
Carrot cake is one of my weaknesses. Store bought cakes don’t really appeal to me. They generally taste fake and overly sugary. I moved past wanting to eat the bright pink icing flowers long ago. The exception is store bought carrot cake. Maybe they use more real ingredients or maybe it’s just the cream cheese icing but when I see one of those it is very hard to resist a piece.
Carrot Cake Bites
With my due date a week past and baby still cooking in my huge round belly one of the ways I’ve been nesting is by baking. The funny part about this recipe is I didn’t set out to make cookies. I set out to make a copycat recipe for the Keto Love Carrot Cake Almond Butter I love so much.
I’m not sure where exactly I went wrong but it started looking more like cookie dough than almond butter and I decided to throw in some egg whites, bake it, and see what happened. Perfect carrot cake cookies are what happened.
How many cookies does this make?
My original batch made about 80 cookies. I decided to scale down for you guys because 80 seemed like a few too many. But if you want to double this recipe to get 80 cookies go for it. It would be perfect if you need to bring a lot to a cookie exchange or big party.
Are these cookies sweet?
The gluten-free carrot cake cookies themselves are not overly sweet. Most of the sweetness comes from the icing. If you decide to skip the icing, for whatever reason, I would suggest increasing the sweetener amount in the cookie.
Can I stack the cookies?
In case you were wondering I did end up stacking these carrot cake cookies successfully with parchment paper between them. The cream cheese frosting got a little smushed but still looked ok and they still tasted great.
Mini Carrot Cake Cookies Ingredients:
- Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener)
- half and half
- egg whites
- baking powder
- shredded carrots
- coconut flakes
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- cream cheese
- Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener), finely ground
- half and half
- cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
Below is my original batch of 80-ish cookies. I froze some but we ate most of them. I had them for breakfast a few mornings with my coffee. Best breakfast ever.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Process the almonds in a food processor until they start to break down into a nut butter. Stop the machine and scrape the sides down as needed. Add the sweetener, half and half, butter, egg whites, cinnamon, and baking powder. Process until smooth. Stir in the carrots and coconut flakes.
- Using a small cookie scoop make about 40 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch and golden around the edges. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cream together the filling ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Put into a piping bag with a small round or star tip. Press the tip halfway down into the center of each cookie. Gently fill with the icing and then swirl on top.