Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars combines a crispy crust and a cheesecake filling in one incredible bite. They come together in minutes, so they are easy for a last-minute dessert idea. When you sink your teeth into one, you will be amazed that they are gluten-free, grain-free, keto, and low carb.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ChocZero. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks to ChocZero Sugar Free Baking Chips, these cheesecake bars fit the bill when you are craving sweets. You can enjoy all the flavors of a rich dessert without the carbs and refined sugar that typical dishes have. If you love chocolate chip cookies and love cheesecake you will find this low carb keto combination irresistible.
While I try not to eat dessert daily, I do most days. There is just something about chocolate at the end of a long day. That is why ChocZero products are a go-to. I know they are sugar-free and full of fiber. When you taste any low carb dessert recipes I have made with them, you will understand. Try out my Sugar Free Chocolate Cake or Keto Nutella Cookies.
Why You'll Love ChocZero Sugar Free Baking Chips
- Perfect for anyone who loves chocolate!
- Great for making all your favorite desserts.
- They are free of sugar and sugar alcohol.
- There is no soy in the chocolate.
- Each serving is only 1g net carb.
- The chocolate is sweetened with monk fruit.
- They are vegan, dairy-free, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and non-gmo.
- There are no strange after-tastes.
- It's easy to melt the baking chips.
- You get 10% using my link and code 'joyfilledeats'
What You'll Need
Keto cheesecake bars are very simple to make and don't require you to do a ton of work. The ingredients are simple as well. Let's take a look:
- Almond Flour - The flavor and texture of the crust are amazing. Plus, it's a great source of vitamin E, manganese, and protein.
- Melted Butter - Using real butter is key to achieving that traditional buttery crust flavor.
- ChocZero Baking Chips - These cheesecake bars just aren't the same without the chocolate!
- Cream Cheese - Be sure to let the cream cheese sit out for a little bit before starting if you have the time. It's easier to blend softened cream cheese. If you are in a hurry you can use cold cream cheese but may need to mix a bit longer.
- Eggs - While it may seem like 4 eggs are a lot; they are needed to give the cheesecake the proper texture.
- Sour Cream - Just a little bit is all that's needed, and it is so creamy and delicious with the other ingredients.
- Cottage Cheese - If you don't want or have cream cheese, you can easily swap it for sour cream.
- Sweetener - Adding some sweetener is a must, so it tastes right.
- Vanilla - If you have ever made baked goods without vanilla, you know how important it is to include! So, be sure not to skip the vanilla.
- Salt - The smallest pinch of salt actually helps bring out the other sweet flavors.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Not only do these cheesecake cookie bars taste amazing, but they are also simple too. Here are the step-by-step directions to get you started:
Step One: Line a baking pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step Two: Combine the melted butter and almond flour together and press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Top with a little more than half of the chocolate chips.
Step Three: Prepare the filling by adding the cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Mix until fluffy, then pour on top of the crust.
Step Four: Bake the cheesecake bars for 30 minutes or until the top has turned a golden brown and the center barely jiggles. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips, serve, and enjoy!
How Do You Know When The Cream Cheese Is Soft Enough?
Allowing the cream cheese time to soften is an important step when making these keto chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars. Place it on your countertop for 30 minutes - 1 hour. You should be able to lightly press it with your finger, and it should give a fair amount. If not, let it sit out a little longer. Otherwise, the cheesecake filling is going to be lumpy.
How Do You Cut Dessert Bars?
It can be very frustrating to go to the trouble of making keto dessert bars and then having them fall apart as you cut them. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- When using parchment paper, make sure to leave some overhang. Then you can easily pull the entire cheesecake out of the pan.
- After each cut, be sure to clean the knife. You can use a paper towel after each pass to wipe it. This will prevent more of the cheesecake from sticking to it.
- When possible, use a plastic knife. They make some amazing plastic knives that are intended for cutting desserts. It's worth getting one because the bars are less likely to stick to it than they would a metal knife.
- Warm the knife under hot water and dry it before starting. It will make cutting so smooth and easy.
Should Cheesecake Bars Be Served Warm or Cold?
For best results, serve them cold. After they have cooled down, put them in the fridge for a few hours. The flavors will come together beautifully, and it tastes better after it's been chilled.
Prefer a no-bake recipe? Try my Cookie Dough Cheesecake!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese or additional sour cream
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener or see alternatives in recipe notes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix almond flour and melted butter in the baking dish. Press down to form a thin crust. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Make the filling. With a food processor mix the filling ingredients until fluffy. Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden around the edges and no longer jiggly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Cool until room temperature and then chill for at least an hour before serving.